Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default NRA / Winchester Pistol Qualification

I just completed (successfully) the NRA Pistol Marksman First Class and Sharpshooter level courses of fire in quick sequence in a single session.

I admit it, I'm tired! Those timed strong-and-weak-side stages are tough with a heavy pistol (Buckmark).

Made it a bit harder as I only had a 27-foot range available and the prescribed distance for the AP1 target is 30, and 15 for the AP2. So I used the smaller AP2.

At least I only had to shoot a total of 20 targets, as I didn't have any that didn't meet the score requirements.

AP2s are kind of hard to find. If anybody needs one, PM me, and I'll send you a file with one you can print yourself (you may have to scale it to make it correct on your printer).

This is a fun, self-paced activity if you need a diversion, and pretty easy if you've practiced at all.

Now that Expert rating, that's going to be a tougher nut!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: NRA / Winchester Pistol Qualification

Congrats on your achievement! Be sure you have an NRA member as a witness when you go for distinguished expert! I found the structured course of fire both exciting and challenging (also did it with a buckmark). The NRA sends you a nice pin when you make D.E.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by slinkwc2k View Post
    Congrats on your achievement! Be sure you have an NRA member as a witness when you go for distinguished expert! I found the structured course of fire both exciting and challenging (also did it with a buckmark). The NRA sends you a nice pin when you make D.E.
    The Buckmark (mine's a long-barrel Hunter) is great for the timed segments, since it's a) So damned heavy you want to get the group over with and b) So damned heavy that there's no recovery time from the non-existent recoil.

(Lehigh County)

I did the whole program with a Ruger 22lr. It was fun to do and made you practice the fundamentals as you went along.

As others have said, make sure you have another NRA member witness you for the Distinguished Expert section. They send you some cool stuff once you send everything in for it.

AG

(Northampton County)

Congrats! I also found the course of fire to be worthwhile. It definitely showed me some ways I could improve!

If you need an NRA member witness, I would be willing to witness you shoot the DE qualification.