Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 380 opinions

(York County)

Default 380 opinions

What do you all think the best 380 is for cc? Also for a women.

(Washington County)

Default Re: 380 opinions

Can't say it's the best, but I love my Ruger LCP.
    Fortune fingers the fearless

(Berks County)

My wife loves her CZ-83. Thing is a tank. A little heavy when compared with some of the sub-compacts out there (2 pounds as opposed to 1 pound), but the added weight helps with recoil management, and you get higher capacity (12+1). You also have a single action trigger, which my wife and I both prefer.

She typically carries it in a holster purse with no problems, but she also has a surplus shoulder holster that CZ sells that does the trick for her, as well. For $5.00 you can't go wrong.

My best advice to give you, though, is to try some out before making that purchase. At first my wife wanted a J-Frame S&W for concealment, but when she fired one she found she did not like it. She also fired a Ruger SP-101 and did not like it. She tried out an LCP and didn't care for it. The CZ-83, for whatever reason, fit her like a glove.

Hope this helps!

(York County)

My wife loves her Bersa thunder 380. I think it is a great gun for the

(Chester County)

I had a NAA guardian for a while I liked it a lot was pretty heavy though but fairly accurate. Sorry that I sold it now.
    WHEN DEMOCRACY TURNS TO TYRANNY, THE ARMED CITIZEN STILL GETS TO VOTE

(Cumberland County)

One chambered in 9x19.

But in all serious, I firmly believe with the subcompact 9mm pistols on the market we need to abandon the .380 pocket pistol craze. Kahr PM9 or CM9.

(Lancaster County)

LCP Is my choice for pocket carry. For owb I carry my SR 40C

(York County)

Iam with ya on that. She has little hands. She a a sr9 now but it's just too big. I actually have it posted on the site for sale or trade. Maybe she needs to shop
    More for a compact 9. I also have a glock 19. She is very accurate with it but that's too big IMO to conceal.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by bolski View Post
    Iam with ya on that. She has little hands. She a a sr9 now but it's just too big. I actually have it posted on the site for sale or trade. Maybe she needs to shop
    More for a compact 9. I also have a glock 19. She is very accurate with it but that's too big IMO to conceal.
    When it comes down to it you have to let her pick. A few suggestions though; Glock 26, it is the subcompact standard. Kahn PM9 or CM9, both conceal extremely well. You could even try the Kel Tec PF9, it's cheap and effective, lightweight and small. It does punish the hands a though. The LC9 is another good choice in small 9mm pistols, if you can get around all the safeties it has. You could try the all steel Kahr Mk9, it's a little heavy but conceals easily and the weight makes it pretty soft shooting. Also the new M&P Shield.

I'm not far from you, I have a PF9 I could let you both shoot if you wanted, I also have a small five shot Smith and Wesson J frame revolver in .38 special she might be interested in.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    My wife loves her CZ-83. Thing is a tank. A little heavy when compared with some of the sub-compacts out there (2 pounds as opposed to 1 pound), but the added weight helps with recoil management, and you get higher capacity (12+1). You also have a single action trigger, which my wife and I both prefer.

She typically carries it in a holster purse with no problems, but she also has a surplus shoulder holster that CZ sells that does the trick for her, as well. For $5.00 you can't go wrong.

My best advice to give you, though, is to try some out before making that purchase. At first my wife wanted a J-Frame S&W for concealment, but when she fired one she found she did not like it. She also fired a Ruger SP-101 and did not like it. She tried out an LCP and didn't care for it. The CZ-83, for whatever reason, fit her like a glove.

Hope this helps!
    My wife loves her 83 to death also. It is the bees knees when it comes to 9x17 offerings. Rivaled only by the Sig 232 which I think comes in second due to being a single stack.

She also enjoys our TCP. She hates the trigger on an LCP. The Taurus is much smoother. She likes the lock on empty too. It also fits well in a thigh holster when in a dress.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast