Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Application/record of sale

I recently purchased a firearm for cc. And was looking over the Record of sale and noticed the shop put down the wrong caliber. Is this something i should get corrected? Or is it no big deal? I plan on carrying it. And since i have read that sometimes when people get pulled over for traffic stops, the officers tend to run the serial numbers. I don't really know if there could be any conflict.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Application/record of sale

You're not required to have records match the gun. I'm not sure there is even a method to have it corrected without transferring the gun again.

If you really want to have records match, you could try calling the records unit of the PSP in a few weeks to see if they can update it(in reality it could be months before it is in the system). You'll probably need the form's serial number and your gun's serial number.

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...tact_us/460876

Records Unit
    (717) 783-5495

The Records Unit should be contacted for written requests for forms, safety brochures, or application/record of sale and may be available via fax or mail. Questions concerning the processing of application/record of sale forms, license to carry permits, and sportsman’s firearm permits may also be directed here.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!