Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Good .40 and .45 day

Friend and I went to the gun club with 3 1911's and Beretta 96a1.

On the table was his Taurus polymer full size .45 and Citadel full size 1911. I had my Springfield TRP Operator and Beretta 96a1.

All of the pistols performed flawlessly. The Taurus and Citadel are relatively new. Good groups with the Taurus, weight was nice, and recoil mild. Trigger was quite good. I was expecting grittiness because it was a Taurus. Shot to point of aim, and we were putting 2-3 inch groups at 15 yds fairly consistently.

The citadel is very new, and still in break in period. It shot flawlessly. The Citadel has adjustable sights and is taking some time to get dialed in correctly. My buddy is a southpaw shooter so some additional trigger time is needed. Definitely saw some improvement in groups, and it has a lot of accuracy potential. Trigger was quite good.

My TRP was nothing short of amazing. This is a forever gun for me. It is a laser beam. I am a mediocre shot, and this makes me look great. Trigger is phenomenal, and sights are great.

The beretta was fun. Very accurate, shot speer 165 gr fmj, lots more recoil than the .45's. Very accurate. Created one ragged hole at 15 yds

Lots of fun, and the range bags were a lot lighter going home than going to the club. Left about 300 rds lighter.

Default Re: Good .40 and .45 day

Sounds like a good time on the range the SA TRP and 96a1 are top notch guns I'm not surprised that they shot lights out.
    I was surprised that the 96a1 recoiled harder then the 1911s shooting 45acp unless they were target 45acp ammo.

The other two 1911s I've also heard good/fair reports on the Taurus Pt1911 just keep getting better and better. The Citidel seems to be a very good bargain 1911s hardware. I believe with adj sights you need to adj them for the owner and you will have to used them like standard sights make mental adjustment to get near bulls eye.

Sound like a great time on the range and 300 rounds with no FTF or FTE, you can't beat that with a stick. Keep us update on the next range time.

Default Re: Good .40 and .45 day

Glad to hear another good review of the Taurus 1911. Its easying me more and more into buying one.