Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Good day of shooting with my new G26 and others

So the day started with my mother asking if I wanted to take her to Pier 1 for some items. We stopped by Mechanicsburg Ordnance on the way to find a holster for her Ruger SR9C I had bought her awhile ago. They had nothing in stock, so I asked Richard the owner if he had a Glock 26 in the safe. I have been mulling over the possibility of using one as my new CC weapon. He had a Gen 4 in stock and lo and behold I walked out the door with my brand new baby. I am truly an impulse buyer. So we finished shopping and headed to West Shore Sportsmen's to do some shooting. Here is what we took:

Pictured is my mom's SR9C, my Glock 34, 19 and brand new 26 Gen 4. I also took my dad's Remington 870 16 gauge Wingmaster that, this is the truth he has not shot since 1969, before I was even born. I also took my Kahr CM9(not pictured).

My Mother's five shot group from 10 yards with her Ruger. Shooting at an IDPA type target and were aiming at the numbers.

Then I broke out the new baby (Glock 26) and took my turn...this is a 5 shot group from a little under 10 yards.

Then got my Dad's 870 out. This is very embarrassing to say but I have never in my life shot a shotgun. All I can say is Holy shit, they are so freaking fun to shoot..kicked more than I thought, but still fun as hell....here is the target I shot from about 20 yards.

So for my review/opinion of my new Gen 4 Glock 26. I really like the gun overall. It is very small and yet even with only being able to get 2 fingers on the grip it is very easy to keep on target, I shot 5 rounds, rapid fire from 7 yards at an IDPA target and put all 5 within the head. I think it will be able to conceal very easily. I will get some night sights for it. I didn't try the medium or large backstrap on it yet, but I liked the small grip on it. Very accurate gun...to be honest I was hitting similar sized groups with that of my G19 and G34. Happy with the new purchase, just need some holsters now.

All in all great day of shooting with my mother.
    Last edited by pokerguy005; August 18th, 2012 at 05:49 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Good day of shooting with my new G26 and others

ive heard ALOT of people say they shoot the 26 more accurately than any other, dont work for me but thats not the point here. the 26 is an amazingly accurate gun for a pistol of any size none the less a sub compact. good choice and great shooting. its a glock, itll serve you forever.

(Lackawanna County)

I can shot my 26 as well as my 19 all day. My g34 is a different story but I carry my 26 everyday and never second guess the accuracy or reliability! Good luck!

(Cumberland County)

Good shooting. Yor 5 shot group is pretty good. I've really been considering getting a G26 to carry as it will fit in my G19 holster. But I conceal my G19 just fine. I think it's just my subconscious trying to convince my logic that I need another gun and I should carry a G26 over a G19.... Logic doesn't agree.

(Bucks County)

Congrats on your new addition and best of luck with it.

I have been carrying one for over two years now and luckilly, the way it fits my hand I can hold it well with the two finger grip. I do not want an extended magazine as I want it as small as possible for concealment.

I too am amazed at how well the 26 shoots and I really enjoy putting rounds through it.

I hope you continue to enjoy it.

Keep your powder dry !!!

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by chiefdjs View Post
    Congrats on your new addition and best of luck with it.

I have been carrying one for over two years now and luckilly, the way it fits my hand I can hold it well with the two finger grip. I do not want an extended magazine as I want it as small as possible for concealment.

I too am amazed at how well the 26 shoots and I really enjoy putting rounds through it.

I hope you continue to enjoy it.

Keep your powder dry !!!
    What holster do you have for it? I ordered a crossbreed IWB ulster last night for it. I now need a good set of night sights for it.

(Bucks County)

I have an old Bianca IWB holser that is felt and holds the weapon low behind the belt. When I go out to dinner and have like a Tommy Bahama shirt or fancy sweat shirt, I use that underneath in the 5 O'clock position.

I also carry on the ankle, especially for business meetings. I started with a DeSantis ankle holster that was form fitted leather. I used it for about six months but did not like the way it carried (the front of the weapon printed a little). I still have it but use a DeSantis Ankle Glove that fits better and I can carry long periods of time without discomfort.

I occasionally use a Triple K belt holster with a thumb break in the winter time under a sweatshirt or sport jacket.

(York County)

Nice purchase and good shooting. I know some people need a little getting used to the sub compact frame of the 26/27. That is some pretty nice shooting with the G26 though.

GB

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood10 View Post
    Nice purchase and good shooting. I know some people need a little getting used to the sub compact frame of the 26/27. That is some pretty nice shooting with the G26 though.

GB
    Thank you sir. It is definitely smaller and I have a Kahr CM9, so I am used to shooting a handgun with only two fingers on the grip. But I like how substantially thicker the G26 is than the Kahr...it is easier to grip in my opinion. It was pretty easy to keep on target for follow up shots. The Kahr will be when i can pocket carry and the G26 when I am dressed up nicer and need a holster for concealment. I am very happy with my purchase.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by pokerguy005 View Post
    Thank you sir. It is definitely smaller and I have a Kahr CM9, so I am used to shooting a handgun with only two fingers on the grip. But I like how substantially thicker the G26 is than the Kahr...it is easier to grip in my opinion. It was pretty easy to keep on target for follow up shots. The Kahr will be when i can pocket carry and the G26 when I am dressed up nicer and need a holster for concealment. I am very happy with my purchase.
    If I may recommend, I carry the G27 everyday. I have gone through holster after holster trying to find one that was comfortable. I spent a little extra and went with the Crossbreed, I couldn't be happier. Believe me when I say, buy once - cry once.

GB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast