Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default 500ish yard ranges in the area

Any ranges or gun clubs have a 300-500 yard ranges? 100 is just too boring when you're shooting multiple round ragged holes with both your long guns.

Default Re: 500ish yard ranges in the area

Langhorne rod and gun go up to 200yards and you need a memeber of 3+ years to sponsor u to join. New holland rod and gun goes up to 600 yards. Forgot the membership requirements but it looks like an awesome range. I hope to go some day for one of their range days. It's about an hour and a half from me in Philly.

(Chester County)

New Holland goes to 600 yards. http://www.nhrpc.org/

Membership is pretty simple. Pay the fees, get voted in, go to an orientation, 2 workdays, and 4 meetings within 2 years. If I'm correct, the fees are $75 a year, with a $125 initiation fee.

It's a great club. If you really want to have fun, come out next Saturday to watch the Contagion shoot.
    FOAC Volunteer. NREMT-P. NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun Instructor & RSO. BSA Rangemaster. Act 235.
    Selling: Remington R1 1911

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JonEMTP View Post
    New Holland goes to 600 yards. http://www.nhrpc.org/

Membership is pretty simple. Pay the fees, get voted in, go to an orientation, 2 workdays, and 4 meetings within 2 years. If I'm correct, the fees are $75 a year, with a $125 initiation fee.

It's a great club. If you really want to have fun, come out next Saturday to watch the Contagion shoot.

Fees are actually quite a bit stiffer-~$325 for the first year (includes a recent land purchase fee) than $125 a year there after (just sent the check a month or so ago).
    Range truly is top notch- Pistol/Rifle range from 25-50, Rifle range out to 600 yards (paper and steel at 100 yard incerments- furthest steel is actually 637 yards), and lower pistol pits with both paper and reactive steel. Not to mention they run competitions constantly, IDPA, Practical/Percision Matches, Small Bore, and NRA F-Class

(Delaware County)

it's a short hike - but Mifflin County Sportsmens up by Lewistown has a 500yd and a 1000 yd range - $50 a year to join and you can join by mail.

http://www.mifflincosportsmens.com/
    "...The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded...It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force."
    Marko Kloos 2007

Quote Originally Posted by lprgcFrank View Post
    it's a short hike - but Mifflin County Sportsmens up by Lewistown has a 500yd and a 1000 yd range - $50 a year to join and you can join by mail.

Thats pretty tempting.

Too bad that "short hike" is about 110mi and a 2hr+/- ride one way from the Lehigh Valley/Allentown area.
    and to the dust you shall return

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by lprgcFrank View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sig700 View Post
    Fees are actually quite a bit stiffer-~$325 for the first year (includes a recent land purchase fee) than $125 a year there after (just sent the check a month or so ago).
    Range truly is top notch- Pistol/Rifle range from 25-50, Rifle range out to 600 yards (paper and steel at 100 yard incerments- furthest steel is actually 637 yards), and lower pistol pits with both paper and reactive steel. Not to mention they run competitions constantly, IDPA, Practical/Percision Matches, Small Bore, and NRA F-Class

3 hour ride one way is def a nogo

And $325 for another range is also a no-go, wife would have my ass if I spent that just in range fees.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sig700 View Post

Sorry about that - it's been a while since I looked. I may have been looking at an old form, too.

NHRPC is a great range. Once the initiation fee is done, yearly dues aren't too bad, especially for a family. Guest passes are $5 a day. I look forward to meeting you in real life!
    FOAC Volunteer. NREMT-P. NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun Instructor & RSO. BSA Rangemaster. Act 235.
    Selling: Remington R1 1911

(Bucks County)

Ontalaunee, in New Tripoli, has 100, 200 and 300 yrd range's.

http://www.ontelaunee.org

(Chester County)

Atglen Sportsmans Club in Western Chester County has a 100 to 500 meter rifle range, a 100 yard shotgun range,a 100 yard pistol/rifle range, and a 25 yard pistol range. They also have archery and trap shooting towers. It's really nice; they just redid all the ranges; they're hosting some big competition this summer.

A family membership is $85 a year. There is a waiting list to join. Here's a link to their website.

http://www.atglensportsmensclub.org/
    Feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/57629-amc58.html
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast