Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: Boxed in by 7 of Philly's finest, guns drawn and everything

Well I think it's been proven time and time again beyond a reasonable doubt that OC is inherently dangerous to your health. Especially in Philly

Quote Originally Posted by palawstudent View Post
    I'm not going to name the department, but I did my college internship with a local police department. Whenever we were dispatched to ANY call, we had to complete at least a basic incident report. Even if we received a call for a disabled vehicle and were unable to locate it, we still had to write a report stating we were dispatched to X for a disabled vehicle with the description of Y, but were unable to find it and resumed patrol. I would have assumed that all departments do this, but then again Philly is "in a class of its own."
    This is the PPD, they do not go by yours or any other departments template.

(Delaware County)

Are there any grounds for lawyering up here?

Intimidation? Harassment?

Ugh.

Pointing a half dozen pistols at your head is OK? What happens when officer McFuckhole accidently hits the trigger and you end up with a volley of 35 rounds in your face?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by stimrob View Post
    Are there any grounds for lawyering up here?

Intimidation? Harassment?

Ugh.

Pointing a half dozen pistols at your head is OK? What happens when officer McFuckhole accidently hits the trigger and you end up with a volley of 35 rounds in your face?
    Or some idiot walking behind the cops yells "gun!"
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

Pointing guns at people and you don't have to do any paperwork.....no accountability... welcome to city policing at its finest!!!! Come to the suburbs, its worth it!

(Northampton County)

Just got off the phone with Mark.

Apparently this encounter never took place (according to the PPD).

Even with the gas station I was at, the approximate location where I got pulled over, the exact time, my full name, car make/model + license plate number... nothing. No reports on file.

I am so fucking pissed at myself for not getting a name or a badge number. When they started talking to me, I felt numb and sort of sick to my stomach. Through out the encounter I started to feel annoyed and disgusted by what just had happened, which finally prompted me to start recording (I only got the last exchange captured on my phone). Even after they left and I got to my sister's apartment 30 minutes later, my legs started shaking uncontrollably. I always thought I'd be mentally prepared for a situation like this, but I wasn't. I've had plenty of encounters before and held my ground, but this was a whole 'nother animal. Even during a freaking home invasion I was more calm and collected. Anyways, it is not going to discourage me from carrying in the manner I feel most comfortable, and hopefully I will be better prepared next time.
    Free "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named"

(Lancaster County)

There's a 911 call, and there would be the radio traffic between the dispatchers and the cruisers attempting to intercept. There would also be radio traffic once the stop was made. Maybe you can find someone over one the forums at RadioReference.com that possibly recorded the incident.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Again: Because your call was deemed "unwarranted" by the arriving officers, there will be no report. This happened to me about 2 weeks ago. My stalker showed up, and the cops arrived before she left. They put her in the back of the car and gave her a good lecture. But because it was "unwarranted", there was no report or record. However, when i told the detective that was already handling the situation about it, he was able to go right into the computer and look it up in literally 30 seconds from the time i told him, when we were on the phone.

There is a 911 record though, you just need to get that to prove that it happened.

* in my case my report was unwarranted because i called it in as "person with a gun", since she left the range and came directly to my house. Sadly, she did not have the gun on her though, so she was not arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    There's a 911 call, and there would be the radio traffic between the dispatchers and the cruisers attempting to intercept. There would also be radio traffic once the stop was made. Maybe you can find someone over one the forums at RadioReference.com that possibly recorded the incident.
    I suspect that you'd need a subpoena from an active civil case to get access to that 911 call, and evidence like that gets destroyed according to departmental timetables. Sometimes a matter of weeks or months. If it incriminates somebody with clout, probably faster.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

@OP: The info is immediately retrievable. In my case it was a detective that retrieved the info. You just need someone to retrieve the info for you.

Also, go back to the scene. Are there businesses there? Parking lots? Odds are some or all of them have surveillance cameras. If you get video footage of the incident, you don't need no stinkin' 911 tapes.
    Last edited by Valorius; August 20th, 2012 at 03:47 PM.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast