Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gun Shows

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Gun Shows

The monroeville show sucked. The mills mall gun shows are worth it to not pay shipping on ammo cans...

Or if you really want to finger bang 20 guns not available at the shops you frequent. And you've already gone to all those shops... like twice. Maybe, then go.

The armor dealer there once had crazy deals. I didn't have the cash at the time.

(Allegheny County)

Do any smiths/modders like Bowie Tactical or Boresight Solutions set up tables at those things? I'd like to actually get my hands on the kind of grip work they do before just shipping a weapon to them.

(Allegheny County)

Ha ha ha ha...

No.

Its all basically tapco shit. EBay parts. At BS prices. I've never seen anything like awesome there.

(Monroe County)

A lot of the Vendors at Gun Shows are actually Gun Stores, they just basically set up a table and sell the same shit for the same price, once in a while you run into an old time who has something unique and interesting to sell.

(Mercer County)

To keep my response short and sweet 99.9% of the so called gun show are a waste of your time.
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Cumberland County)

Cool Re: Gun Shows

my .02 fwiw. the gun shop i help out does some shows as a extension of his business. no he doesn,t mark up prices at the shows. the increased foot traffic and exposure will increase his sales 5 to 10 times his regular daily sales. this being said his is a small shop in a small town. now for the shows themselves. i have seen a increase in junk sellers and a noticeable decrease in actual gun dealers. i believe it is a reflection on the pain in the ass factor. alot of work and time goes into setting up and relocating inventory. some find it worthwhile others do not. i personally don,t go to shows with the need to spend. i often go to see others i know or see that gun i have never seen or handled. everyday items can be bought at your local shop or internet. it basically comes down to purpose, what are you looking for. a occasional deal can be found and if so jump on it. for the most part they are not money saving events. i attend these as i would car/bike shows and other events. i consider them entertainment with a possible plus.

(Allegheny County)

I don't go looking for deals, I go to look around at gun stuff!

Price isn't always the deciding factor for buying something. These shows provide the convenience of having many opportunities to spend your money on something you might like to have. Or just spend some time looking around at gun related stuff to get out of the house for a few hours.
    Toujours prêt

(Cumberland County)

Thumbs up Re: Gun Shows

as i said. i agree with hawk. it,s not just about the shopping.

(Bucks County)

gunshows are a great place to see a lot of different firearms in one place but all gunshows are not created equal. the oaks show is pretty decent and probably the best in the SE PA area in my opinion. with that said i rarely see good deals on firearms at gunshows so you're much better off doing business with your local gunshop. i do see plenty of overpriced firearms at gunshows which is another reason to buy at your local shop. sometimes you can get good deals on ammo and accessories at gunshows and gunshows can be a good place to look for hard to find parts. i go to gunshows for the entertainment value and to kill time for a couple of hours but rarely have i ever bought a firearm at a gunshow.

(Montgomery County)

I don't go to shows for deals anymore. I go more for finding everything I want in one stop or for a gun I can't find in a local shop (i don't buy guns online). They are a good place to see whats out there and get to see in person, not in a magazine or on a web page.
    Your web muscles do not frighten me.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast