Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Pittsburgh Area Firearms Law Workshop October

This thread was created with GunLawyer001's consent. GunLawyer approved a Pittsburgh area class if at least 20 people showed interest. FFEMT128 is looking into a venue in the Crafton area. I know a few of you showed interest in a Pittsburgh workshop, please confirm on this page. FFEMT128 is looking into an October weekend on a Sat or Sun to hold this. With at least 20 confirmed GL will make the trip to Pittsburgh to present this workshop. Thanks

$50 per person per session. If you plan on attending both sessions $100 per person.

Sunday October 28 2012
    Crafton Volunteer Fire Department
    8 Stotz Avenue
    Pittsburgh, PA 15205

Start time would be 8:00am with Session 1. Session 2 will begin tentatively around 1 pm.

Session 1
    It's a roundtable discussion where I cover a basic agenda, and we take questions as we go. Cost is $50 per person for the 4 hour session, which isn't bad for 4 hours with a lawyer.

This is Session 1, Pennsylvania law I - Basically, the buying, owning, carrying and disposing of guns. Topics include:

* Owning, open & concealed carrying, vehicle transport, in and around the home, motor homes, "in" motorcycles, workplaces, and what counts as "between" named exemptions

* PICS/NICS

* LTCF's - denials, revocations. Appeals

* transferring, inheriting, lending, borrowing, pawning, gifting

* prohibited persons under PA and Federal law, temporary prohibitions; domestic relations & Lautenburg (minors, some aliens, convictions, indictments, dishonorable discharges, mental adjudications)

* Limited immunity under the PA UFA; waivers and releases as applied to 3rd-parties

* Allowing prohibited persons access to your guns; living with a prohibited person

* Getting rights restored; Pardons, restorations, other avenues under PA and Federal laws

* Storage requirements and advice;

* Seized guns; forfeiture and return of property proceedings;

* PA preemption - how it applies, how it doesn't; zoning, discharge restrictions, possession of firearms on municipal property; nuisance, noise, health & safety

* Federal preemption - the 1986 FOPA requirements

Session 2
    * The use of force, and the use of deadly force under the new Stand Your Ground laws.

* Self-defense, necessity, and justification

* Aftermath of a good or bad shooting, civil and criminal

* Duty to retreat, the Castle Doctrine, and "Stand your ground" laws

* using NFA firearms for self-defense in the home or on the street

* Other weapons - machine guns, switchblades, stun guns, bombs, lions and tigers and bears, oh my.

* Paramilitary training - how much fun are you allowed to have?

Registration form link.
    http://www.pgklaw.com/registration_form.pdf

Default Re: Pittsburgh Area Firearms Law Workshop October?

I'm in, just keep us updated. I'll be asking my friends and family to join us.
    In order to get intelligent answers you must speak intelligently.

(Allegheny County)

I will definitely be in. Depending on the weekend, I may have a few more in with me.

You may want to copy/paste the info from GL's thread regarding what will be covered in the workshop and add it to the OP.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

(Allegheny County)

I will definitely be in. Depending on the weekend, I may have a few more in with me.

You may want to copy/paste the info from GL's thread regarding what will be covered in the workshop and add it to the OP.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

(Allegheny County)

After conversing with M&P Chris and Gunlawyer, I have tentatively secured a facility for Sunday October 28th, 2012. (Pending enough people confirming an interest based on GL's numbers) The facility is located in Crafton PA.

I might add, that GL stated that we may be able to do both session 1 in the morning and session 2 after lunch based on interest. I'll leave it up to GL to post the probability and the cost of that based on the response.

You can count me in for at least myself and I have forwarded the information to several others who recently obtalined their LTCF's.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Pittsburgh Area Firearms Law Workshop October

Interested please keep me informed.. Thanks
    P.M. Protective Enterprises LLC.

(Butler County)

I would definitely like to attend this if I can work it into my work schedule. Working every weekend kind of sucks, but it is what it is. Does anyone know what times these sessions would be held? Fortunately, I work right up the road from Crafton.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by sgtmcbowflex View Post
    I would definitely like to attend this if I can work it into my work schedule. Working every weekend kind of sucks, but it is what it is. Does anyone know what times these sessions would be held? Fortunately, I work right up the road from Crafton.
    As of right now we are tentatively shooting for Sunday October 28 starting at 8:00 am and if we do session 2 after lunch, it would likly run until 5:00 pm

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by FFEMT128 View Post
    As of right now we are tentatively shooting for Sunday October 28 starting at 8:00 am and if we do session 2 after lunch, it would likly run until 5:00 pm
    I could make that work. Is there enough people signed up for this yet?

Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

Interested. Two questions:

(1) Will Continuing Legal Education credit be available for attending the course?
    (2) [EDIT: never mind, this was addressed above.]

Unlikely I will be able to attend 1st weekend in October, but other weekends shld be free.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast