Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: York LTCF

(York County)

Default York LTCF

I just got a call from the York Co. Sheriff's office, my LTCF is ready for pick up. I dropped off the application Friday afternoon. Somebody must have been working over the weekend!

On a related note, does anyone have any suggestions for a CC holster. I am self-employed and usually wear jeans and a polo or T-shirt. I do not usually wear a belt but from what I have been reading I may have to start. I will be carrying a S&W MP9 compact.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: York LTCF

Congrats on the LTCF. That was some fast service.

Hopefully someone can give ya info on the holster.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

yeah, the guy down here is GREAT!!

what do you intend on CCing?
    This Space For Rent

(York County)

I have a Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm compact. I am not sure about what holster to get, any suggestions? Thanks.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Seventy4Blazer View Post
    yeah, the guy down here is GREAT!!
    Really??? Not to be a smart a$$, but this is on his website!

__________________________________________________ ______________

Reminder on Firearms Responsibility

From Sheriff Rich Keuerleber

As an applicant for a license to carry a firearm, it is my duty to remind you that carrying a firearm requires tremendous care and responsibility. It is my position that irresponsible behavior, criminal or otherwise, will result in the permanent revocation of your license. Also, I am asking every firearms license holder to exercise good firearms care and safety as it relates to carrying and storage of firearms.

Please consider the following as it relates to your firearms license:

1. Be familiar with the operation, safe handling, and laws related to your firearm. Although it is not the law, it is recommended that you take a firearms safety course offered by a competent instructor. Otherwise the firearm may represent a threat to yourself, your family, and your fellow citizens.

2. Overt and unnecessary display of your firearm in public places can cause alarm to the public and may result in revocation of your permit.

3. Possessing a firearm presents an additional risk of it getting into the wrong hands. Practice safe storage and seek quality firearms training.

4. Your firearms license is for Pennsylvania only. There are states that accept Pennsylvania Licenses. Information on reciprocity can be obtained from the PA Attorney General’s Office.

5. Do not carry your firearm when consuming alcoholic beverages or taking prescription medications that may affect your abilities and/or judgment.

6. A firearms license does not confer any law enforcement powers or authority. Acting in that manner will result in revocation of your license in addition to any criminal/civil penalties.

7. Carrying a firearm does create the possibility of it being taken and used against you and your family. Seek quality training.

8. Any arrest or Protection From Abuse Order is grounds for revocation of your permit. Your license will be revoked, whether the firearm was involved in the incident or not. State law requires that you notify us if you become ineligible to maintain your license to carry a firearm.

9. If you are carrying a firearm and come into contact with a Law Enforcement Officer, follow all instructions you are given. Do not make any sudden moves, keep your hands visible, and notify the officer immediately that you have a firearms license and a firearm on your person.

These are a few of the many considerations you should keep in mind. Please use common sense and basic handgun safety considerations at all times. Again, carrying a firearm requires responsibility.

__________________________________________________ ______________

Now I'm having second thoughts on OCing in the York area!

C.R.

(York County)

Thumbs up Re: York LTCF

Yea, I recently had the same fast service from York.
    I mailed my app on a Wed. and Friday I received an email saying it was ready to pick up.
    I was surprised it was fast.

I like the Bianchi Black Widow 5 holster. It's ultra high ride and not bulky at all.
    http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/...p?TxtModelID=5

They also make a waiste ban holster if you don't where a belt.
    http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/...?TxtModelID=6D

All my holsters are Bianchi, I highly recommend them.

(York County)

I'll take a look at the Bianchi's. Thanks for the advice.