Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Sig p250 2sum

(Bucks County)

Default Sig p250 2sum

anyone know any information regarding the sig p250 2sum packages? Are they as reliable and accurate as any other sig? I am debating my next handgun, and really like the versatility of this package. I am interested in a 9mm, and was debating between a glock or MP, but with this 2sum, i could get a 9mm and something else.

Any reviews out there?

(Washington County)

Default Re: Sig p250 2sum

I believe the 2Sum only gives you the option of a large frame and a smaller frame not caliber options. The trigger pull on the 2sum seemed very different compared to a regular Sig. I would recommend the glock.

(York County)

I agree with the above poster. I own the P250 in 9mm and while it is accurate and reliable for me, I prefer my Glock every time.

GB

Chris is correct. It would be great to have mix-n-match calibers, but currently the 2Sum packages only include full size and subcompact slide/frame assemblies in the same caliber.

You could buy a 2Sum, sell off one of the sizes NIB, and buy a different caliber conversion kit. Total would come out under $600 at current Gunbroker prices, assuming a small loss on the trade.

As for the gun itself, I actually like the long, smooth, revolver-like DA trigger, and I feel the external hammer adds a safety measure (e.g., you can keep your thumb over the hammer while holstering or unholstering). People who actually own them mostly rave about the accuracy and reliability. The modular design makes for a gun that's ridiculously easy to strip, clean, and maintain. Heck, if you somehow managed to damage the plastic, the entire grip frame is a $45 replacement part.

Of course, some will automatically respond "you should get a Glock," but shoot them both and see what you like.

(Washington County)

Have you looked into the XD series pistols? I agree with renalp that you should shoot and see what you like but out of the M&p pistol and glock I recommend the glock.

(Westmoreland County)

While not listed as a "twosome", Sig did sell a P250 with a .40 and a .357SIG two barrel kit. They were pretty nicely priced, but were not available as a dual caliber kit that contained 9mm. I have a twosome 40 cal with full size and compact frames. The trigger group is serial numbered and pops out as a unit to then be used in the other frame. This was supposed to allow a compact pistol with the same trigger pull and feel for the user.