Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Adams County)

Default OC non-encounter, Hanover PA

So Saturday evening I had plans to meet friends at the range, so I OC'd to Hanover Giant to drop my daughter off to my wife. While walking in holding hands with my daughter a lady leaving looks at me, looks at my gun then quickly looks the other way. Then as we are standing at the checkout, again Im playing with my daughter while wife is self scanning. A man looks at me, looks at my hip, grabs his wife and subtly pulls her aside. I dont know but Im guessing by his looks he told her I had a gun on my hip. 10 minutes pass and I look over and see a Hanover policeman standing at customer service talking with an older lady and the manager on duty. I think nothing of it, we finish paying and head out the door in the opposite direction. As we are getting outside the store another police officer rolls up. I have my strong side to him, I didnt pay him any mind. Figured if he wanted me he would get my attention. He walks into store and we proceed to parking lot to load vehicle. (taking my time in case it was MWAG call). Neither of the two officers approached before I left. As I was leaving the shopping plaza a third officer was making his way through parking lot towards Giant. To this day I dont know if it was a call about me or just coincidence. Ive been waiting for police log for Saturday to see if there was anything noted. I sincerely hope the 1st cop saw I was not a threat and told the complaintant (if it was a complaint) that I am exercising my second amendment right. (and to mind her own business...lol)

So anyway, thats my story! If you get the Hanover Evening Sun and you see something in the Police log please share it on here.

Default Re: OC non-encounter, Hanover PA

Quote Originally Posted by Spence View Post
    So Saturday evening I had plans to meet friends at the range, so I OC'd to Hanover Giant to drop my daughter off to my wife. While walking in holding hands with my daughter a lady leaving looks at me, looks at my gun then quickly looks the other way. Then as we are standing at the checkout, again Im playing with my daughter while wife is self scanning. A man looks at me, looks at my hip, grabs his wife and subtly pulls her aside. I dont know but Im guessing by his looks he told her I had a gun on my hip. 10 minutes pass and I look over and see a Hanover policeman standing at customer service talking with an older lady and the manager on duty. I think nothing of it, we finish paying and head out the door in the opposite direction. As we are getting outside the store another police officer rolls up. I have my strong side to him, I didnt pay him any mind. Figured if he wanted me he would get my attention. He walks into store and we proceed to parking lot to load vehicle. (taking my time in case it was MWAG call). Neither of the two officers approached before I left. As I was leaving the shopping plaza a third officer was making his way through parking lot towards Giant. To this day I dont know if it was a call about me or just coincidence. Ive been waiting for police log for Saturday to see if there was anything noted. I sincerely hope the 1st cop saw I was not a threat and told the complaintant (if it was a complaint) that I am exercising my second amendment right. (and to mind her own business...lol)

So anyway, thats my story! If you get the Hanover Evening Sun and you see something in the Police log please share it on here.
    I NEVER see anyone OC in this town man. More power to you! I love how easily people scare now though; thanks media.
    1776 or 1984? - You decide.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by AK47sForAll View Post
    I NEVER see anyone OC in this town man. More power to you! I love how easily people scare now though; thanks media.
    I live in Hanover and I open carry everywhere. I am open carrying now while working (of course I work from home...)

For the most part, Hanover Police are neutral to good toward open carry. I have been asked by one officer what I do for a living that I carry, to which I respond that I am a telecommunications detail engineer. He shrugged and said okay.

(Tioga County)

Great story. Keep those sheep on their toes.
    MikeP

(York County)

Things have always went well for me to in Hanover too. I'v shopped at just about every store on the stip and never had a problem OC'ing. Even thou once my wife said the manager at the Member's Bank looked like he was going to have a stroke when I OC'ed in there. Nothing but positive so far.
    Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun

(York County)

Its funny. I open carry every where I go. I almost never see another open carrier outside of gun shops (except my brother -whom I got started). I know there are some members here who live near me (like curmudgeon) , but I've yet to catch them roaming around.
    I am never without oc, so I will continue to watch and see you out there. If you see me, say hi, I won't mind.

(Lackawanna County)

Reminded me of this "incident" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Un4r...e_gdata_player
    OMG is that man ominously carrying a gun while being a good father by playing with his daughter while his wife checks out, WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE AHHHHHH!
    No amount of law enforcement can solve a problem that goes back to the family~J.E.Hoover

(York County)

Insane. I oc everywhere I go. Never seen another ocer. And I look lol.

Quote Originally Posted by algoesfast View Post
    Insane. I oc everywhere I go. Never seen another ocer. And I look lol.
    I never see you guys, and I have no idea why. My parents said they've never seen anyone OCing either. I'd start OCing but the only OC holster I have atm is a $12 Wal*Mart one...lol
    1776 or 1984? - You decide.

(York County)

Well, I carry a Beretta 96D. Not a small gun. And I'm 6' tall. Not a small guy lol. I go to Weis about 3 times a week. Weekends walmart, homedepot and other places. I am out there walking about. Say hi if you see me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast