Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Looks like my LC9 will be replaced, with an XDS

I bought an LC9 a little over a month ago mainly because of the size. 9mm was the absolute smallest caliber I wanted to go with for a deep concealment pistol. Having huge hands made finding something that worked for me quite a challenge. The LC9 seemed to fit the bill so I picked one up. Proving it out the gun has about 300 rounds through it with absolutely zero issues. Unfortunately the gun just never felt "right"

Enter the XDS
    I had been wanting to check out the XDS for some time but no one ever seemed to have one. Today I set my mission to find one to check out. I found a decent deal on a two tone XDS near me and ran to check it out. First thing I noticed was the build quality. This is worlds better than the LC9. After gripping the possible new purchase I noticed it fit my hands far better as well. SOLD. I made the decision in about 10 seconds total. Of course I had already read a ton of reviews. I have not shot the new springfield yet so it will not be my daily carry yet. However If mine resembles all the others that I hear about I expect no problems.

Most interesting is probably the size. The LC9 and XDS both are quite small. Shockingly the XDS is barely larger than the LC9. The pics compare the 2. Both work amazingly well in a pocket holster.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Looks like my LC9 will be replaced, with an XDS

I replaced my PF9 with the XDS. It's a great little gun. OK, it holds less ammo than a pocket 9, but only by a couple of rounds and you've now upgraded to .45acp.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Philadelphia County)

What's the recoil on the XDS like?

(Cumberland County)

Love my XDS, it is now my daily carry gun! Recoil is very manageable, not much more than my 9's! I ended up getting a Walther PPS holster, and it works great. You'll love this little 45. I feel the same about a few less rounds - I'm ok with it for the upgrade to 45.

(Chester County)

The drop in capacity I am ok with. Still more than a j frame. I ordered one of the extended mags that I plan to carry as a reload. should get a chance to put some ammo through this tomorrow.

(Cumberland County)

If you like to carry owb - check out a desantis holster for Walther PPS ( I wrapped my XDS in plastic wrap, put it in the holster overnight, and cranked down the retention screw and perfect! ). Guy on ebay is selling them cheap because they have S&W emblems on them - lol.