Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Any body know about this firearm FN Herstal FNP-9

I had bought this new and am not that familar with modern pistols. I put 4 clips through and shot good group but 1 ft low at 25 ft, was told that they cannot be adjusted for shooting low. Supposed to send back to the factory to get fixed.

I prefer the 357 mag (trooper Model) 45 1911a both shoot tight at 25ft, but not being familar with the newer pistols was wondering if anyone has any ideas abouit this FNP-9

Default Re: Any body know about this firearm FN Herstal FNP-9

I owned an FNP40....it was a good pistol. I ended up selling it to a friend. You cannot beat that it comes with 3 hi cap mags...the FNPs are cheap too...only time will tell when it comes to durability, but thus far there is a fan base for the FNP series. It reminds me a lot of a Sig pistol.

(York County)

I have not shot a sig either,most of the shooting I have done are on older models and the 9 mm is somthing I have never been keen on. But hey I thought I would give it a try, any recomdations on what make is of the better class ( reliable ) as I said not too up to date. I guess its time to enter the present

Your FNP will be fine...it might be the way you are shooting the pistol...just remember each weapon will fire differently...so don't give up on it...the only reason I sold mine was b/c my friend wanted it...and i was consolidating my collection....I didn't sell it because I disliked the FNP. FN makes some hi tech weapons, so don't discount the FNP series because of it's price.

(York County)

Thanks
    I plan to get back to the range soon and put some more rounds through it

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    I had bought this new and am not that familar with modern pistols. I put 4 clips through and shot good group but 1 ft low at 25 ft, was told that they cannot be adjusted for shooting low. Supposed to send back to the factory to get fixed.

I prefer the 357 mag (trooper Model) 45 1911a both shoot tight at 25ft, but not being familar with the newer pistols was wondering if anyone has any ideas abouit this FNP-9
    Did you mean 25 feet or 25 yards? Maybe you're getting too much, 'lollipop' in your sight picture. It would be unusual for the factory to set up a pistol's sights to shoot a foot low - especially at 8 yards!

My suggestion? Forget about sending the pistol back. Adjust your point-of-aim, instead. It'll probably change with different brands of ammo, anyway. Besides, I like to, 'blot the target' (COM) with my front sight!

(Philadelphia County)

I love my FNP 9M, you say your gun is shooting low I was thinking the same thing about mine until I got firmiler with it. the gun it will eat any ammo you feed it .
    For the price the FNP 9 or 9M sits at the top at less than 550 dollars.

(York County)

when I went to the range today , I put 200 rounds through it then spoke with the gunsmith. He agreed that it did shoot low and was sending it back to factory. On the taget I was forced to aim at the shoulder in order to hit center at 25 ft. But other then that I did find it easy to shoot and consistant.

Dudes! You wont beleive this but I found a holster that the FN P9 fits into perfectly! The new Fobus Elite made for the S&WMP on the package it reads SWMP 9m, 40s&w and 45. The FN p9 fits! The only thing is when you try to remove it you must twist the FN in towards your body to get it out of the holster. There is no play in the fit. The FN fits perfectly, snug and rides high. The Fobus looks great to.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Fobus acts like a secondary retention. If someone tries to pull it away from the outside it will not disengage the FN P9. You have to twist the FN P9towards your body to get it out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast