Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Re: My new Benelli M4 and first shotgun experience

One other photo

0000037864-Guns 007.JPG

(Schuylkill County)

Default My new Benelli M4 and first shotgun experience

Well I started off in January of this year getting interested in firearms and bought myself a simple Gen 4 Glock 19. Then I was hooked of course so I wanted a shotgun. I sold off my 3rd car (Volvo Wagon) with 230k miles to fund most of the purchase of the Benelli.

Then I proceeded to buy the package deal from Freedom Fighter Tactical of the Mesa Tactical Urbino stock and forend in OD green. Also got the cheek riser and limbsaver pad for the stock. Have on order yet the 3/4" charging handle in titanium.

I had the gun for a few weeks before I finally got out to shoot it the other day. I ran through a box of 25 Federal Game Shok #4 Buckshot which was fun being a first time shotgun shooter and then 4 boxes of 5 3" Remington Magnum #4 Buckshot with 41 pellets.. the Magnum was extreme fun and my shoulder wasn't really affected much.

Everything cycled normally and had no issues. I bought 50 7 1/2 Federal birdshot and 30 Remington 00 Buckshot for the next time out. That way I can see if the M4 cycles the lighter birdshot since I have read (supposedly until its broken in) that sometimes birdshot won't cycle the action.. so I'll have to update on that. Heres a pic or two.

0000037862-Guns 012.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by timer00 View Post
    Well I started off in January of this year getting interested in firearms and bought myself a simple Gen 4 Glock 19. Then I was hooked of course so I wanted a shotgun. I sold off my 3rd car (Volvo Wagon) with 230k miles to fund most of the purchase of the Benelli.

Then I proceeded to buy the package deal from Freedom Fighter Tactical of the Mesa Tactical Urbino stock and forend in OD green. Also got the cheek riser and limbsaver pad for the stock. Have on order yet the 3/4" charging handle in titanium.

I had the gun for a few weeks before I finally got out to shoot it the other day. I ran through a box of 25 Federal Game Shok #4 Buckshot which was fun being a first time shotgun shooter and then 4 boxes of 5 3" Remington Magnum #4 Buckshot with 41 pellets.. the Magnum was extreme fun and my shoulder wasn't really affected much.

Everything cycled normally and had no issues. I bought 50 7 1/2 Federal birdshot and 30 Remington 00 Buckshot for the next time out. That way I can see if the M4 cycles the lighter birdshot since I have read (supposedly until its broken in) that sometimes birdshot won't cycle the action.. so I'll have to update on that. Heres a pic or two.

0000037862-Guns 012.JPG
    It's cool that you read into the nuances you speak of. You'll really come to terms when you can break your gun by shooting it before your shoulder breaks. JFYI, if you have to break a gun in, the manufacturer is less than worthy.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Venango County)

I have an M4 and I have never had any problems with it, it has cycled everything from day one.

(Blair County)

My benelli eats everything i put in it. Only thing is the full power stuff hurts. I stick to low recoil slugs and buckshot if at all possible. 30 rounds of full power slugs screws me up for a few days. I can shoot twice that in low recoil and i don't hurt near as bad the next day.
    I can take an assbeating like its nobodys business" - Doug Bryant

(Montgomery County)

I love my benelli m2, but there are some things i don't. One is that it sits by my bed for long periods of time and if you don't put a light coating of oil on the barrel, it will rust (epecially in muggy weather). 2nd is when i load the damn thing one handed, my thumb always get on the feed lip and it freakin' hurts. But overall, its the best shotgun i have ever had and it eats up everything and spits them out even faster. M4 is next on my shotgun list too.

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by DellRich89 View Post
    I love my benelli m2, but there are some things i don't. One is that it sits by my bed for long periods of time and if you don't put a light coating of oil on the barrel, it will rust (epecially in muggy weather). 2nd is when i load the damn thing one handed, my thumb always get on the feed lip and it freakin' hurts. But overall, its the best shotgun i have ever had and it eats up everything and spits them out even faster. M4 is next on my shotgun list too.
    Try a C-Rums lifter. I've never had Benelli thumb since i had one installed.
    I can take an assbeating like its nobodys business" - Doug Bryant

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAallterrain View Post
    Try a C-Rums lifter. I've never had Benelli thumb since i had one installed.
    I'll look into that. Thanks

(Westmoreland County)

Gonna have to save up for one of those.

I work with Engineers from Italy. They do look at stuff differently. They tend to make things just so. "Must be effective and elegant".

(Schuylkill County)

Just a update from using the M4 a lot more.. it has been great.

With the Mesa Tactical limbsaver pad I could shoot slugs and 00 buck all day of course until the money runs out. I have been shooting about 200 rounds every 2-3 weeks since and no issues etc. Very easy to aim with the ghost rings though I plan on red dot somewhere in the future. (When I refer to slugs and 00 its all 2 3/4, though I have shot about 50 of 3" 00)

I have cleaned and lubed it twice now and its very easy. Get some comments at the range on the recoil with slugs and 00 and I just say its very easy to shoot though they never ask to shoot it which I would be ok with most of the time. I am not a super muscular dude as the original picture showed and I have no issues with recoil with even 3" magnum 00 buck.

Biggest minus with the M4 and the price is the 5+1 becuase of the laws which sucks.
    Last edited by timer00; October 10th, 2012 at 09:45 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast