Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default where if anywhere, can one hunt with a rifle in york and adams county?

Hello everyone.
    welp, i am finally moving back to PA, Spring Grove to be exact. While i looked for a bit, i did not find anywhere to legally hunt with a centerfire in York or Adams county...

is this correct, or am i just terrible at using the internet...?

i don't own a shotgun or muzzle loader... yet.
    in fact the only thing i have that is reasonable for deer is a .243
    thanks everyone!

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: where if anywhere, can one hunt with a rifle in york and adams county?

any state game lands

(Franklin County)

Default Re: where if anywhere, can one hunt with a rifle in york and adams county?

In God We Trust............................

(York County)

thanks guys.

You can hunt all of Adams with a centerfire.

(York County)

Talking Re: where if anywhere, can one hunt with a rifle in york and adams county?

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    You can hunt all of Adams with a centerfire.
    i guess it was york that threw me...

codorus is about 5 min away, and i did not see rifles on the list...

thanks guys...

im new to hunting, and really don't know where to look and so on.

thank you guys for your patience in answering a potentially stupid question

i was looking around on here and i must say, this site is quite a nice resource!

(Berks County)

You mentioned Codorus so I assume you were referring to the state park. All the state parks I know of only allow Archery, Muzzleloaders or shotguns and only in the designated hunting areas. You can use a centerfire rifle on any state game lands in the counties mentioned as well as on any private land that you may secure permission to hunt on. Also if you plan on hunting this upcoming season you may want to purchase your hunting license now so you can send in your application for the appropriate antlerless (doe) tag now, as the second round of apps begin to be accepted tommorrow and they usually dont last long once the second round begins!
    Last edited by firemanmark; August 5th, 2012 at 10:18 PM.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by firemanmark View Post
    You mentioned Codorus so I assume you were referring to the state park. All the state parks I know of only allow Archery, Muzzleloaders or shotguns and only in the designated hunting areas. You can use a centerfire rifle on any state game lands in the counties mentioned as well as on any private land that you may secure permission to hunt on. Also if you plan on hunting this upcoming season you may want to purchase your hunting license now so you can send in your application for the appropriate antlerless (doe) tag now, as the second round of apps begin to be accepted tommorrow and they usually dont last long once the second round begins!
    thats what i was finding, no rifles...

thanks for the advice on the license.... i'll look into it sometime tomorrow...

(York County)

welp, seems i am out of luck.

i wont be in the state until the end of the month or early next month, though i already moved everything but one last car, my tools, my dog, and myself...

seems i cannot really do anything as far as a license is concerned until i get my PA hunter trapper education course out of the way, unless they will accept another states.

in addition to all that, i am also not an "official PA res" yet as i wont have been there 30 consecutive days immediately prior to sending in for the license, although my wife and kid are already up along with all my junk, and all my mail goes to PA at this point...

seems i will just have to suck it up and wait...

(Lawrence County)

Yes, they will accept another state's hunting license or safety course, and once you get your new driver's license, they'll give you a hunting license. Nothing really starts up until October anyways, so other than groundhogs, I wouldn't worry much anyways as you have plenty of time...

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast