Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Sacred Cows!

(Monroe County)

Default Re: No Sacred Cows!

Quote Originally Posted by calypsocoral View Post
    awww... did it hurt your wittle feelwings?
    Actually no, I don't have any. But the Mr. Yeager has ZERO credibility with me. He could say the earth is round and I wouldn't believe him. Does that asnswer your question?

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    Actually no, I don't have any. But the Mr. Yeager has ZERO credibility with me. He could say the earth is round and I wouldn't believe him. Does that asnswer your question?
    If it was a serious review video, I could see that point being valid.
    1776 or 1984? - You decide.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by AK47sForAll View Post
    If it was a serious review video, I could see that point being valid.
    I own a RIA M1911A1 I get all sorts of comments from REAL M1911A1 owners and I undertand issues with the weapon. I own both Glock (Tuperware) and my paperwieght. Mr. James "RUNAWAY" Yeager was serious in his review of the M1911.

If you watch any of his videos, I have seen a few you will see his poor delivery of the message. Anyone that takes advice from him gets substandard advice from someone who is a legend in his own mind.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    Dude, the guy was just making a funny video. I myself am saving up for a 1911 (and only one) in spite of the video-- I just got a good laugh out of it, largely because some of their points about the overall design are pretty valid. Of course there are many great things about both the Glock and the 1911-- the Glock is an engineering marvel with spectacular reliability and parts interchangeability, while the 1911 has excellent accuracy and ergonomics. The "imperfections" of both designs are largely subjective, and this guy just happened to pick some that I agree with.

Heck, I'm a CZ guy. If they made a video picking on the CZ-75, I'd still get a good laugh out of it. Seriously, I could see it now-- the guy would probably say something like "honestly, why the *bleep* would you need a 2-and-a-half-pound, solid-steel gun for a wussy little 9mm cartridge?!?" That doesn't mean I would ditch my SP-01 (that's the gun that is only leaving my possession if it is pried from my cold, dead fingers), or take it as a serious critique on the design. But no design is perfect, and I don't see the point in getting worked-up over someone merely pointing out those somewhat-subjective imperfections in a humorous way.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by calypsocoral View Post
    Dude, the guy was just making a funny video. I myself am saving up for a 1911 (and only one) in spite of the video-- I just got a good laugh out of it, largely because some of their points about the overall design are pretty valid. Of course there are many great things about both the Glock and the 1911-- the Glock is an engineering marvel with spectacular reliability and parts interchangeability, while the 1911 has excellent accuracy and ergonomics. The "imperfections" of both designs are largely subjective, and this guy just happened to pick some that I agree with.

Heck, I'm a CZ guy. If they made a video picking on the CZ-75, I'd still get a good laugh out of it. Seriously, I could see it now-- the guy would probably say something like "honestly, why the *bleep* would you need a 2-and-a-half-pound, solid-steel gun for a wussy little 9mm cartridge?!?" That doesn't mean I would ditch my SP-01 (that's the gun that is only leaving my possession if it is pried from my cold, dead fingers), or take it as a serious critique on the design. But no design is perfect, and I don't see the point in getting worked-up over someone merely pointing out those somewhat-subjective imperfections in a humorous way.
    I painfully suggest that you watch a couple of his videos don't follow his advice but watch his videos. In his mind he is as serious as he can be, his delivery of even truthful information is spoiled by his "You better PHUCKING believe it of I will PHUCK you up attitude. He presents himself as the Chuck Norris of tactics, techniques and procedures because he was a Mercenary in Iraq and from what is online not a very good one who was nicknamed "Runaway Yeager for his actions on Route Irish.
    I can enjoy a humorous video like anyone else but this clowns videos and teaching are a joke.
    We all have the right to choose whatever weapon we can afford or obtain, good or bad that’s the choice. I stick with what I am familiar with and take advice from the site with a grain of salt. While the original intent of your post was to poke fun and folks that take their choices way to serious and I get that I am not a big fan of Mr. Yeager’s work humorous or not.

(Delaware County)

His father was a legend, too bad the current Mr. Yeager is such a tool. "Runaway Yeager" -- all I need to know.

(Monroe County)

I finnaly made myself read his AAR in responce to the Company AAR and he pretty much comes off as a coward trying to justify his mistakes. So any advice he gives would be based upon his actions in teh past. There has to be a funny anti M1911 video outthere that would be better.

You know something was bothering me and I went back to look at the M1911 video and I must have had a senior moment, I have no idea how I thought the OP's M 1911 video was Mr. Yeagers. Maybe I fat fingered the Youtube link and got the wrong video. So I took this thread way off course, sorry.
    Last edited by DennisH82; August 17th, 2012 at 09:40 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12