Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Indiana County)

Default Morrisville Borough, Bucks County Ordinance

Gotta love the Internet and municipalities putting their ordinances on-line. In defense of the following (it's not much of a defense, but it is a small one), it looks like the 1985 ordinance was just copied over when the borough cofified its ordinances.

http://e-codes.generalcode.com/codeb...t=ws&cb=2399_A

Chapter 189: FIREARMS

[HISTORY: Adopted by the Borough Council of the Borough of Morrisville as indicated in article histories. Amendments noted where applicable.]</B> GENERAL REFERENCES
    Police Department — See Ch. 80.
    Parks and recreation areas — See Ch. 305.
    Disorderly conduct — See Ch. 312.
    Zoning — See Ch. 465.

ARTICLE II Possession of Firearms in Borough Buildings [Adopted 4-14-1992 by Ord. No. 855]

§ 189-5. Prohibited acts.
    No person shall carry or have in his or her possession or on his or her person a firearm while in any of the following rooms or areas of buildings owned or under custody of Morrisville Borough including, but not limited to the Borough Municipal Building, Annex Building, Library and Water Treatment Plant as follows: A.The Police Department, except when this provision is waived by the police officer in charge; B.Any non-public office or office area including the public area of the counter of the Borough Administration offices; C.Any store room; and D.Any meeting room (including Council Chambers and the Caucus Room) while such room is occupied by a person(s).
    § 189-6. Definition.
    A firearm is herein defined as any pistol, shot-gun, rifle or similar weapon from which a projectile is fired by gunpowder.
    § 189-7. Exceptions.
    The provisions of this article shall not apply to: A.Constables, sheriffs, prison or jail wardens or their deputies, policemen of this Commonwealth or its political subdivisions, or other law enforcement officers; B.Members of the United States military services or organized reserves when on duty; C.Officers or employees of the United States duly authorized to carry a concealed firearm; D.Agents, messengers and other employees of common carriers, banks or business firms, whose duties require them to protect monies, valuables and other property in the discharge of such duties; and, E.Any person engaged in the business of manufacturing, repairing or dealing in firearms, or the agent or representative of any such person, having in his possession, using or carrying a firearm in the usual or ordinary course of such business.
    § 189-8. Violations and penalties.Any person or individual violating the provisions of this article shall be guilty of a summary offense and upon conviction thereof before a District Justice shall be subject to the payment of a fine not less than $100 nor more than $600 and the costs of prosecution, and in default of payment thereof, shall undergo imprisonment in the Bucks County Prison for a period not exceeding five days.

Note that no exceptions are made for the lawful carrying of firearms by The People (either concealed carry with an LTCF or open carry without). Clearly this is contrary to the Uniform Firearms Act of 1995 (which the ordinance predates).

The borough's parks & recreation ordinance is a little more confusing.

http://e-codes.generalcode.com/codeb...t=ws&cb=2399_A

Chapter 305: PARKS AND RECREATION AREAS

[HISTORY: Adopted by the Borough Council of the Borough of Morrisville 10-14-1969 by Ord. No. 624. Amendments noted where applicable.]</B>
    GENERAL REFERENCES
    Police Department — See Ch. 80.
    Alcoholic beverages — See Ch. 110.
    Amusements — See Ch. 114.
    Animals — See Ch. 118.
    Bicycles — See Ch. 125.
    Outdoor burning — See Ch. 136.
    Curfew — See Ch. 169.
    Firearms — See Ch. 189.
    Littering — See Ch. 272.
    Loitering — See Ch. 278.
    Disorderly conduct — See Ch. 312.
    Transient retail merchants — See Ch. 316, Art. I.
    Solid waste — See Ch. 360.
    Subdivision and land development — See Ch. 390.
    Vehicles and traffic — See Ch. 435.
    Zoning — See Ch. 465.
    § 305-1. Rules and regulations applicable to all parks and playgrounds; fees. [Amended 10-27-1969 by Ord. No. 625; 8-11-1970 by Ord. No. 633; 9-12-1972 by Ord. No. 657; 9-9-1980 by Ord. No. 754; 8-14-1984 by Ord. No. 789; 5-15-2000 by Ord. No. 905; 6-17-2002 by Ord. No. 920] For the purposes of this chapter, natural lands in Zoning District CS-2 shall be considered parks. See Chapter 465, Zoning, Article IV, for additional regulations. The following rules and regulations shall apply to all parks and playgrounds under the jurisdiction and control of the Borough of Morrisville: A.Park usage.
    (1)Usage of athletic fields and game areas in parks and playgrounds is restricted to Borough residents and their guests only.
    (2)No persons, other than authorized Borough personnel, shall be allowed in a park or playground from dusk to dawn except that Borough Council may from time to time grant permission for an event sponsored by a Borough or Morrisville-based organization. The Borough shall make such policy, rules or regulations as it deems appropriate. Approval shall be at the sole discretion of the Borough Council. [Amended 5-21-2002 by Ord. No. 919]
    (3)No dogs or other animals shall be permitted in Borough parks or playgrounds, except under leash and under control of the owner. The provisions of Chapter 118, Animals, Article III, Control of Animal Defecation on Public and Private Property, of the Code of the Borough of Morrisville, are applicable to parks and playgrounds, and the terms and conditions thereof are incorporated herein by reference as though set forth in full.
    (4)The activities listed below shall not be permitted in any park or playground unless a permit has been secured for such activity from the Borough Council, or its agent, the Borough Manager. No permit shall be issued unless an application therefor shall have been made at least 24 hours before the time of the activity. In the case of seasonal activities, a permit may be issued for the entire season.
    (a)Groups or parties in excess of 12 persons.
    (b)Placements of placards, advertisements or public notices.
    (c)Fires, other than in a fireplace or other equipment provided for cooking purposes, or for a bonfire or campfire as part of an authorized event.
    (d)Firearms or the discharge of firearms or other weapons.
    (e)Soliciting of alms or subscriptions.
    (f)Selling or exposing for sale any articles.

"Firearms" is listed as an activity warranting a permit issued by the borough council. Huh?
    Last edited by Statkowski; March 2nd, 2008 at 08:19 PM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Morrisville Borough, Bucks County Ordinance

I've lived in Morrisville, I wouldn't anywhere without a loaded firearm. My mother used to run that berg, it's not a bad place, it just has the misfortune to be on the other side of the bridge from Trenton.

(Bucks County)

You got that right. Two associates were robbed at gunpoint one street up from my workplace. The two 711's on West Trenton Ave seem to get robbed all the time. Additionaly MCdonalds, Morrisville Pharmacy, cvs, and Burger King get it a few times a year now. Place is turning into little trenton.
    Ear protection = Annoying people voice-muffler

Guns Owned Dan Wesson Classic Bobtail .45, Kahr PM9, NAA .22LR, Pieta .44 bp Revolver.

(Bucks County)

When I read the Police Log in the Courier Times (horrible rag) it seems like most of the people arrested in Morrisville are residents of Trenton. Somehow Jersey thinks their crime problem is a result of our "lax" gun laws. I hate Jersey! I haven't crossed the river in 10 years or more.
    Last edited by unloved; June 14th, 2008 at 10:39 PM.

(Bucks County)

I live in Morrisville now. You have to love the 94.32 cigarette shops within a square mile radius of the river. I live down the street from a bar and it seams like Friday nights are thug nights… I’d say 90% of the cars are from Jersey. Cops are there every night too. It sucks living so close to Jersey, but at least I’m on the right side of the river….

(Bucks County)

yeah morris is the king of the cigg store all of a sudden,like 5 or 6 on the main street coming over trenton makes bridge,we have lived here for about 4 years now,love the town except for the bridges,lol,thing is,the people that live here dont know the full extent of the crime that goes on here because the paper dosent print it all,from what i was told while building a deck on the back of a house of a older lady whoses children work for the township,when the paper calls for the reports they just dont answer the phone,i mean would you feel safe if you knew how many car jackings went on in our town?anyway,got off topic,i was wondering if anyone knew where to apply for a ccp here can i do that in morrisville or do i have to go to the court house by the tech school,thanks for the help

(Luzerne County)

We need one of you locals to address this at the borough meeting.....
    We can even provide a template to use for addressing this.

Any takers?

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by give View Post
    i was wondering if anyone knew where to apply for a ccp here can i do that in morrisville or do i have to go to the court house by the tech school,thanks for the help
    Yes, go to the building on New Falls Road by the Levittown Library. Fill out the application, pay the fee(46.00) and they'll take your picture. They'll call you when your License to Carry Firearms(LTCF)is ready. Usually takes a week or less.