Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Thumbs up Conceal Carry OPTION

Don't laugh...

NAA Mini Revolvers. I have known about them for years but never gave one serious thought... till we recentley bought two of them.

If you check out their website you will see the wide variety of choices they have.

We went with the Black Widow and the Sheriff models, with the .22LR and .22 WMR cylinders. I chose those two models because they offer longer barrels, 2" and 2 1/2".

Stop laughing.

The quality fit and finish on these shooters is tip top. You have to handle one to appreciate the quality, and NAA seems to be a great company to deal with.

Plenty of holsters out there for 'em. I have RKBA pocket holsters for each and the point of the post is that these things disappear in a pocket.

They barely weigh anything, and whatever you have heard, the two models we have are accurate as all get out.

The .22LR and WMR are rounds I trust my life with, and I have all the usual calibers for self defense, but the hot weather and summertime carry had me looking for something easier to grab and go with.

My wife loves her Black Widow and I have to give the Sheriff model two thumbs up. We practice with .22LR and carry .22WMR since you can get them with the combo cylinders.

If you are looking for something to fill a void or scratch an itch... give the NAA's a look.

If you think about when and where you need to defend yourself... although bigger is probably better, I dunno. I know I certainly would not want a hole punched in me with a .22.

Just something to look at as an option, and by someone who has them and can attest to the quality and confidence of carrying one of these little gems.

Plus, they are fun to shoot. Added fun at the range is always a good thing.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Conceal Carry OPTION

Thank you for the useful info, I had seen them advertised in American Handgunner, I think, and thought they looked like fun. Good job with your review.

I imagine the trigger pull is pretty stiff?

They look like good BUGs.

(Lycoming County)

as a last chance/last resort/backup type gun type deal sure..as something id actually carry as my PRIMARY CC weapon... never.

Pretty cool little pistol's but I probably wouldn't use it for CC.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by L T C View Post
    Don't laugh [...] the point of the post is that these things disappear in a pocket.
    I'm the last person to laugh at carrying a mouse gun in your pocket, I just think there are better choices. Are you really comfortable with the idea of having to thumb back the hammer for every shot in a self-defense kind of situation? There are other guns that disappear in a pocket just about as well, that aren't single-action revolvers. Seecamps come to mind here.

(Bucks County)

One of the staff at an LGS carries what looks to be an NAA mini-revolver IWB at 2 o'clock when he works the counter.

I went and read the manual online, intrigued by their cylinder safety system.

They sure make the "making safe" process look scary, probably scarier than it is since once you've got the cylinder rotated to a safe position it doesn't matter if you lose your grip on the hammer. That's the point of their system. It does seem like there might be a bit of an awkward moment, between raising the hammer over a live cylinder and rotating the cylinder.

(Butler County)

You can clip the holster to your underwear and wear sweatpants or gym shorts. It will fit in a tee shirt pocket. Drill and tap the bottom of the grip, screw in a small eye bolt and wear it around your neck. They are very easy to hide.
    Unless I'm naked it's on me somewhere.

(Lancaster County)

The NAA mini's are like little jewels. Finely made pieces of stainless steel. I have had one for 20 some years, I don't shoot it much, and rarely carry it (my kel-tec p32 barely takes up any more space or weight), but you can carry it almost anywhere. As far as clipping it into your underwear, that was one of my preferred methods - literally disappears. Rule #1 = have a gun.
    Cb

(Delaware County)

Trigger pull stiff?

I don't think so. Has a nice clean break.

Primary carry self defense gun?

Well... sometimes.

The only reason I posted was to throw out an option for a dependable well made back up gun that really does not cost that much compared to a full size weapon.

Pulling the hammer back on these little guys lets you know how well it is made. It feels and sounds, with the clicks, like a full size revolver.

Summertime carry for me has always been kind of a pain... hot weather, I don't like IWB carry, so it's OWB or pocket, then I gotta wear something loose or baggy to kep it covered. I'm not complaining, I do what it takes but it is a little uncomfortable.

The mini, in a pocket holster, even with the "oversize" grip is all but indetectable.
    I can barely feel it in the pocket, and 5 rounds of .22WMR at the ready is nothing to sneeze at. Speer makes a Short Barrel .22WMR "self defense" hollow point round that was developed for the NAA Black Widow's 2" barrel. There are tons of ballistics vids on Youtube fot the NAA's so, for what their worth... you decide what is best for you.

Single action yes but you would be surprised how fast you can light them off with a little practice. Heck, I'm pretty quick with the Ruger Super Blachawk.

It is a well made fun little gun that holds it's own as a pocket protector. Obviously comparing it to a full size gun semi auto or revolver is silly, but as I said earlier, I knew about them for years and never thought about getting one till the summer carry issues came up again this year and we thought what the heck lets give one a... "shot" ...sorry, had to.

Got the first one for the Bride and a week later I had one for me.

Just something to ponder.

(Franklin County)

Iv been wanting one for awhile, thanks for your post. I think they make top break now dont they? I wish they would make one in 5mm rimfire magnum. Id be all over that.

What rounds do you carry in them? Personally Id carry velocitor in 22LR and hornadys new critical defence in 22mag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Python73 View Post
    Shoot what you like, like what you shoot.Own what you like, like what you own.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast