Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Re: Accu Wedge Buffer For AR-15

Quote Originally Posted by bigedp51 View Post
    We know you like to argue kid, its your shitty alphabet soup spurting from your mouth and inexperience that bothers us.

If you or anyone else doesn't like the Accuwedge then don't use it.

The biggest problem in these forums is there are too many midgets handing out information while pretending to be giants. They sit in front of their computers pretending to be something they are not and their feet don't even touch the ground.

Your first mistake kid was being insulting, the second was your alphabet soup was meaningless gibberish picked up by reading other postings.

Have a nice day kid.
    Yoda says: The butthurt is strong in this one.
    Last edited by sprrdhawk44; August 14th, 2012 at 02:40 AM.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

It would appear that "some" people disagree with you, so thank you but I will keep my Accuwedge and I wont ask why Colt installs them on their ARs.

www.fulton-armory.com/

"How important is AR-15 Upper/Lower Receiver fit? Is the Accuwedge of any benefit?

"The accuwedge should be installed on every AR15 (Colt installs them routinely with every factory rifle), unless, one uses the JP rear tensioning pin, which is the best solution, albeit a lot more expensive."

Brownells

AR-15/AR-10/SR-25 REAR TENSIONING PIN

Removes Upper/Lower Slop For Increased Accuracy

Takes out the play between upper and lower AR-15 receivers: provides a rock-solid lockup for more consistent accuracy and improved trigger pull. Thread-adjustable, all stainless steel pin installs quickly, replaces the push pin and will not alter or enlarge existing hole dimensions.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=7...TENSIONING-PIN

Comments about J P ENTERPRISES AR-15 .250 REAR TENSIONING PIN:

As previous reviewer has stated, it will back out after a few shots, IF you do not use lock tite. However, use blue lock tite, which I do and you will be fine. Takes a few more minutes to unscrew for cleaning, but not a big deal. Have used this on all my AR's that have a fit problem and does improve accuracy on those.
    I saw a lower which had something similar to the brownells item u mention. It was an adjustable screw in the rear of the lower so you could fine tune the upper/lower fit. The receiver I saw with this specifically was the umbrella corp lower made buy some guy on a zombie forum. Pretty cool since I've been a res evil fan since the late 90s.

Anyone else see a lower with a similar screw built into the receiver?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill990 View Post
    I saw a lower which had something similar to the brownells item u mention. It was an adjustable screw in the rear of the lower so you could fine tune the upper/lower fit. The receiver I saw with this specifically was the umbrella corp lower made buy some guy on a zombie forum. Pretty cool since I've been a res evil fan since the late 90s.

Anyone else see a lower with a similar screw built into the receiver?
    Mega Machine lowers come that way. The end of the screw that presses up against the rear upper receiver pin is coated with some of blue material to dampen the contact between the two surfaces. I left it out since the lower and upper was snug from the start.
    "If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
    Mega Machine lowers come that way. The end of the screw that presses up against the rear upper receiver pin is coated with some of blue material to dampen the contact between the two surfaces. I left it out since the lower and upper was snug from the start.
    The first I saw of this was by Sun Devil. It looks like it's patent pending by them: http://www.sundevilmfg.com/ (bottom of page). Seekins Precision lowers have it as well. I have both and find the screw pretty useful.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama

(Montgomery County)

This thread went from talking about the accuwedge to a kid eating alphabet soup - lol.

From my own personal experience, I did not find that the accuwedge improved the accuracy of my rifle. I did not buy it for that purpose anyway. I bought the product to remove the sloppy play between the upper and lower receiver that I always hated. Plain and simple, the play between the two made my rifle seem cheap. The rifle "felt" more solid with the accuwedge installed.
    Last edited by RXM; August 14th, 2012 at 12:40 PM.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    Came across this today. Wondering if it's a legitimate product or a solution in search of a problem?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002UL458K/...978B39WQYQ2EQK
    They don't really do anything, but if a snug fit makes you feel better about shooting I guess it could be a good investment. Consider that you are introducing foreign material into your receiver, though.

(Dauphin County)

Any time you can get rid of something very annoying with very little effort, its a good thing.

I'm happy with my accuwedge and thats all that matters.

Did someone say something about soup?............... Poof and the problem is gone.

Last edited by bigedp51; August 14th, 2012 at 01:17 PM.

(Mercer County)

Any time you can get rid of something very annoying with very little effort, its a good thing.

I'm happy with my accuwedge and thats all that matters.

Did someone say something about soup?............... Poof and the problem is gone.

Yes, that's typically what I do when I have holes shot through my argument and find out that things that I had said were not true

You know, what with being 22 and all.

Enjoy your accuwedge, it is the perfect product for you. In fact, word on the street is that you can even buy them from Fulton Armory

They don't really do anything, but if a snug fit makes you feel better about shooting I guess it could be a good investment. Consider that you are introducing foreign material into your receiver, though
    And bingo was his name-o.
    Last edited by sprrdhawk44; August 14th, 2012 at 01:38 PM.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Beaver County)

This is starting to sound like a Serpa thread.If you like Accuwedges fine if you don't again fine.There is really no need to get that upset over a bit of rubber.IMO. Unless you've just found a hole in one after having sex. No not with the Accuwedge.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Cunningham View Post
    They don't really do anything, but if a snug fit makes you feel better about shooting I guess it could be a good investment. Consider that you are introducing foreign material into your receiver, though.
    I would never use one for the reason above. I am not comfortable with anything extra being added to my fire group that could jam up my rifle. Mr. Murphy likes to show up at the craziest times.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast