Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Re: Accu Wedge Buffer For AR-15

Quote Originally Posted by bigedp51 View Post
    I put one in my AR because of the knowledge I gained with the Enfield rifle and other rifles and bedding them.

On an Enfield rifle.

1. A loose butt stock will cause horizontal stringing.
    2. A loose fore stock will cause vertical stringing

The only true answer is from someone with loose lockup on an AR that has a scope mounted and tests the AR with and without the Accu Wedge Buffer.

And from experience I know is if a stock allows the action to flex or move it will effect accuracy and group size. And on a AR your holding the fore stock in one hand and resting the butt stock on your shoulder. And the first reaction a barrel has when fired is to start flexing downward and if the lower and upper move it can effect accuracy.

The question can only be answered by long range AR shooters and how tight their actions are, and not by guesswork you read on line

How many accuracy nuts brag about having loose stock bedding?
    Since you seem to be confused, this is a AR:

and this is a Enfield:

They are not the same.

Claiming that an accuwedge will make a rifle more accurate shows profound misunderstanding and ignorance of how the AR15 works.
    Last edited by sprrdhawk44; August 13th, 2012 at 07:59 PM.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Beaver County)

If an upper is loose on the lower, which is what we hold ( yes the upper or some extension of it can be held) and we also rest our cheek on the lower, and the upper shifts or wobbles bc it is loose, then the impact of the bullet will be changed unless you can guarantee it rests in the same spot everytime.

While I can't attest to the wedge quality, I can say that an upper and lower that have sloppy and loose fit are not as good when compared to a tight fitting group.

Yay or nay?

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperHummel View Post
    If an upper is loose on the lower, which is what we hold ( yes the upper or some extension of it can be held) and we also rest our cheek on the lower, and the upper shifts or wobbles bc it is loose, then the impact of the bullet will be changed unless you can guarantee it rests in the same spot everytime.

While I can't attest to the wedge quality, I can say that an upper and lower that have sloppy and loose fit are not as good when compared to a tight fitting group.

Yay or nay?
    Nay.

Look at it like a 1911. A tight slide to frame fit does not equal accuracy. The lockup and fitting of the barrel bushing are most important. All the lower of an AR does is hold the magazine and FCG. ALL of the accuracy is in the upper.

(Delaware County)

I beg to differ.

I have one of these wedges in each of my three Ar. Not only do they keep the play between the upper and lower from being noticeable, they alse improve the overall "feel" of the gun. Before I put them in I could feel the movement between upper and lower. I don't now.

I also noticed the pins did not move as much.

Accuracy, who knows, but if the rifle feels better, mentally it could improve your sight picture, hence your accuracy.

For the 2-3 bucks, its worth experimenting for your self.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    I beg to differ.

I have one of these wedges in each of my three Ar. Not only do they keep the play between the upper and lower from being noticeable, they alse improve the overall "feel" of the gun. Before I put them in I could feel the movement between upper and lower. I don't now.

I also noticed the pins did not move as much.

Accuracy, who knows, but if the rifle feels better, mentally it could improve your sight picture, hence your accuracy.

For the 2-3 bucks, its worth experimenting for your self.
    You will really be "feeling" good about your rifle when your illustrious accuwedge falls apart in your lower, making the gun inoperable.

By all means, stuff your lower chock full of them if you think they are that great.

I agree A good upper to lower fit will help accuracy, changing your cheek weld will change point of impact, so why wouldnt a wobbly upper affect it? While most probaly wont notice a diffrence, I did in the Marines with a worn out POS m16a2 500yd line with open sights yes it makes a diffrence. 100 or 200yd with a "new" rifle you probaly not going to gain much.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    Since you seem to be confused, this is a AR:

and this is a Enfield:

They are not the same.

Claiming that an accuwedge will make a rifle more accurate shows profound misunderstanding and ignorance of how the AR15 works.
    I'm not confused at all young man.

The Enfield rifle has a two piece stock as does the AR rifle, the Enfield also had one bedding screw, the foreword trigger guard screw and if the rear wooden draws area became loose the stock will move and wiggle even more.

On top of this I'm 62 years old and don't need a 22 year old telling me that a butt stock and lower on a AR that can move and flex up and down and it wont effect accuracy. If that was the case then shoulder placement and pressure wouldn't effect group size when shooting. Or are you going to also tell me the flexing and movement of the stamped sheet metal AK receiver contributes to its "great" accuracy.

So go ahead young man and tell me about your life time of experience shooting and bedding rifles for accuracy.

Or would you rather talk about youthful ignorance and confusion.

Nay.

Look at it like a 1911. A tight slide to frame fit does not equal accuracy. The lockup and fitting of the barrel bushing are most important.
    "HOW" in the hell is the barrel bushing going to hold the barrel in tight lockup if the slide moves all over the place.

Last edited by bigedp51; August 13th, 2012 at 09:55 PM.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigedp51 View Post
    I'm not confused at all young man.

The Enfield rifle has a two piece stock as does the AR rifle, the Enfield also had one bedding screw, the foreword trigger guard screw and if the rear wooden draws area became loose the stock will move and wiggle even more.

On top of this I'm 62 years old and don't need a 22 year old telling me that a butt stock and lower on a AR that can move and flex up and down and it wont effect accuracy. If that was the case then shoulder placement and pressure wouldn't effect group size when shooting. Or are you going to also tell me the flexing and movement of the stamped sheet metal AK receiver contributes to its "great" accuracy.

So go ahead young man and tell me about your life time of experience shooting and bedding rifles for accuracy.

Or would you rather talk about youthful ignorance and confusion.

Nope, I will leave you to your clearly superior and vast knowledge

(Dauphin County)

Nope, I will leave you to your clearly superior and vast knowledge
    Thank you, for a brief moment I thought you might know what you were talking about BUT your "confusion" and "lack of knowledge" about bedding and the 1911 gave that away.

Or we could talk about building an AR 15...............

And old farts shooting an AR 15 HBAR "WITH" a Accu Wedge.

Last edited by bigedp51; August 13th, 2012 at 10:11 PM.

(Mercer County)

Yup, you have a lower, a pic of you shooting, and a patch. Pretty legit
    Last edited by sprrdhawk44; August 13th, 2012 at 10:20 PM.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast