Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    (Mercer County)

Default Re: Accu Wedge Buffer For AR-15

Quote Originally Posted by Edg View Post
    It tells me that the rep system here is broken. I can see by your avatar that you know everything....but common sense will tell you that if the part of the gun you hold and have a cheek weld on is in a different relative position every shot those shots will have a different POI. Otherwise what is the point of having the same cheek weld every time? Its not enough for the average shooter to notice at 100 yards. But saying it has no effect is wrong. That being said, I would never use one.
    OK? Now we're sniping the Masons as well?

ETA: I also find it highly suspect that "Ed" is in both handles. You bring up a post from several pages back to take a shot at me? I'm smelling multiple accounts.

This thread needs a fork stuck in it. If you like the accuwEDge, then use it! If not, then don't. It's that simple. Really, it is.
    Last edited by sprrdhawk44; August 17th, 2012 at 01:28 PM.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Lawrence County)

Justin S of Charlotte, NC
    1 stars
    Date Posted: 07/24/2009
    Before you buy one make sure that it will fit your AR. The Accuwedge is meant for low shelf ARs. Search the web for low shelf ar15 to find out what you have. Low shelf ARs have an area cut out and high shelf receivers do not. Bushmaster/DPMS are low shelf and will have the room for it. Armalite/Colt/Rock River are high shelf and it will not fit correctly. If you want to hack it you can, but you should not have to. In stock form it should fit fine. I’m giving it a 1/5 because this is something that DPMS should tell people about. I’ve got an Armalite it won’t fit in and that’s how I found out about the whole high/low shelf thing.

James J of St. George, UT
    1 stars
    Date Posted: 12/10/2009
    I bought two of these for my Stag AR15s. They would only fit when I removed 95% of the base thickness. I would have been better off to have just used a dob of silicone in the same area.

Milt Zindel of Marlton, NJ
    1 stars
    Date Posted: 02/20/2012
    Do not buy this product if you have a small amount of play in between your upper and lower receivers, only if you have a lot of play!!! It will cause firing issuses otherwise.

Scott Dennison of Phoenix, AZ
    1 stars
    Date Posted: 02/04/2010
    After reading so many positive reviews, I purchased one. When I tried to install it, however, it did not come anywhere close to fitting. In fact, it covers nearly 3/4 of the take-down pin hole and sticks up into the buffer tube's threading space about a 1/4". As it turns out, there are two different styles of Lower Receivers. The Accu-Wedge WILL NOT fit in a Stag Arms lower. This really needs to be on the website.

B Mac of Martinsburg, WV
    1 stars
    Date Posted: 01/06/2011
    Tried this in my Colt AR and found it disappointing, to say the least. If you want to tighten the upper/lower fit on your AR, get the 2-piece take-down pin.

Alex Rifleman of Eagle Bridge, NY
    2 stars
    Date Posted: 05/03/2010
    Nearly useless. On my Stag-15 it was too thick to even allow receivers to close. After I shaved off about a tenth of an inch the receivers were closing tight, but the wiggle still didn't go away -- the material this thing is made of is too soft. On a YHM lower with WOA upper it didn't require shaving, but the end result is the same mushy feeling.

Joe M. of Escanaba, MI
    4 stars
    Date Posted: 08/10/2004
    Product does what its supposed to do. I did not notice a gain in accuracy or anything else. I just didn't like the slop between the receivers, and the wedge got rid of it.

Charlie H of Detroit, MI
    4 stars
    Date Posted: 10/18/2004
    The Accu Wedge required some minor trimming (there are "steps" in the rubber molding that are there to help with trimming) to fit properly in my RRA upper/Ameetec lower. There was not a whole lot of slop to begin with, but everytime I handled the rifle it felt as if it were going to fall apart. The handguard slop is bad enough that I did not want a rickety piece of equipment in the field. It theoretically will do nothing for accuracy as the iron sights, optics, etc... are all on the upper receiver. On the other hand, human error may be magnified because of the slop. Overall, it's not that expensive and it will make the rifle feel more solid and well, like a real rifle.

John Q Public of Nashua, NH
    4 stars
    Date Posted: 12/13/2006
    These are a simple but effective product if you primary requirement is to de-rattle your AR. I have not noticed any impact on accuracy. You should note that these do not fit in all AR-15 lowers. Rock River lowers, and perhaps others, do not have enough clearance. Take a look at the area just below your AR's rear takedown pin and see if there is sufficient clearance. These buffers are about 9/32 (.282")thick.

Len C of Colorado Springs, CO
    4 stars
    Date Posted: 01/31/2011
    Great product for stiffening the AR's upper and lower make a solid platform but I am not sure it helps accuracy. I don't know about low shelf and high shelf (I am fairly new to ARs) but I have two now. In my Bushmaster NM the accu wedge fits just right with a little bit of pressure to close. In my brand new White Oak Arms upper and a RRA lower, no way will it close. I will try the trimming method other have mentioned here. For the $s, this wedge really does eliminate an annoyance and a when a man has confidence in a gun he will shoot it well. 4 stars for not mentioning the high/low shelf (and which mfg has which) in their literature.

The funniest 5 star rated comments I've read in my life:
    Andrew Hanson of Lacey, WA
    5 stars
    Date Posted: 03/07/2011
    My local gun shop actually gave me a couple of these, didn't make me pay, and wow did this help! I was getting like 6 inch groups with iron sights at 100 yards, I used one of these puppies to make sure everything was *very tight, so tight that I would have to put a significant amount of pressure from the top of the receiver to take it down. Now I am getting 2-3 inch groups at 100 yards with iron sights, and that’s with the first hand loads that I have ever done before! Excellent product, you must buy if the upper and lower aren't tight enough. Do note that if you take it down to clean it or whatever, it'll take it out of alignment. Also it makes the mags more difficult to get into the rifle, you have to make sure to pop them in, and make sure it clicks otherwise it'll fall out or misfeed.

Dave Briggs of Stevens Point, WI
    5 stars
    Date Posted: 03/12/2010
    Wouldn't fit my DPMS at all. Would have required a lot of modification to make it work. Cheap fix if you need it. Nothing wrong with the product.

Miguel Vela of Miami, FL
    5 stars
    Date Posted: 07/07/2010
    Made my DPMS a tighter rifle with absolutely no play at all (No play to begin with). A little harder to close and put the take-down pin in, but not that hard. A must if your AR 15 has some play.

Nick Walker of Wooton, KY
    5 stars
    Date Posted: 10/29/2010
    If you own an AR, you need to own an accu-wedge. Period! Some will have to trim, some won't. Pay no attention to those that say don't trim. My DPMS had no slop and the wedge still tightened it up. Refuse to lose!

So not only did the first guy learn handloads are better, but he also says it will take the gun out of alignment and causes feeding issues. I think we can all agree handloads are inherently more accurate than most WWB or Wolf/Tula ammo from Walmart. Then the second guy walks on in and gives it 5 stars for not even fitting in the same rifle this part was for and was never able to use! The third and fourth guys comes out of left field and says their guns had NO play in it in the first place, but the wedge took all of the play out of it.

Seems like only the reviews you liked and supported your claims were the ones you posted... Counterpoint... Other reviews go on much like the ones already posted.

Lowers the Accu-wedge doesn't fit on without modification:
    S&W M&P
    RRA
    Colt (some)
    Armalite
    CMT
    Stag
    Essential Arms
    LMT Defender
    Ruger

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    OK? Now we're sniping the Masons as well?

ETA: I also find it highly suspect that "Ed" is in both handles. You bring up a post from several pages back to take a shot at me? I'm smelling multiple accounts.

This thread needs a fork stuck in it. If you like the accuwEDge, then use it! If not, then don't. It's that simple. Really, it is.
    sprrdhawk44

We were both given a timeout and banned for two days and now you decided to start again.

Before you jump on me again why don't you get a moderator to check the "Ed's" email addresses, IP address numbers and accounts, before you start thinking this is a Communist inspired plot against fraternal organizations.

There is only one bigedp51 and I do "NOT" have two accounts, and I do NOT have anything against Masons. Now leave me out of your postings and I will leave you out of mine.

Thank you.

(Mercer County)

I have said everything I need to say, and now others have taken the torch.

Unsubscribed.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chazman321 View Post
    I see a psychiatrist every few days, funny part about working in the mental health field, I have meetings with many of them all the times about my clients. I am perfectly sane, you're the one that has made about 25 or so posts about a little piece of rubber that you claim is the best thing since individual wrapped cheese slices. Let it go. Grow up.

-Chaz
    Its a shame the way people who like tight fitting rifles are treated in forums.

You can have my AccuWedge when you pry it from my cold dead fingers.

(Jefferson County)

Thread closed as requested.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Montgomery County)

this also means dont start another to continue the argument.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314