Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Hellertown Sportsmen's Association Sponsor

Hello,

I am looking for a possible sponsor for Hellertown Sportsmen's Association. I am interested in joining the club, and would like somebody to show me around and all the ins/outs/etc. If anyone knows anything about it, let me know.

Thanks

Default Re: Hellertown Sportsmen's Association Sponsor

Hi There

I just joined this club this past winter. As far as a sponsor goes, you don't really need to find one, at least I did not. Send an email to the contact person on their webpage, introduce yourself and tell them you want to become a member. You will need to go to a couple of meetings at which time someone will be happy to give you a tour, and you will need to attend a safety orientation. Someone on the club board (probably the membership secretary) will sign his name as the sponsor.

Overall the range is ok..not as nice as others, but these days you cant complain too much if you have a place to shoot. There is a nice indoor pistol range that is used for competition, a fairly decent outdoor pistol range, a 100 yard rifle range, and an archery range..

The club members and board members I have met are all very nice and are very helpful...

(Northampton County)

Oc ok on the grounds?

Quote Originally Posted by akapjr View Post
    Oc ok on the grounds?
    To be honest I do not know..I looked in the rules and did not see anything that says it is prohibited, but as with any range there is a clear rule that when a ceasefire called, all weapons are to be cleared and placed on the bench and are not to be touched.

Also, as an FYI there are only three shooting positions at the rifle range, and probably 4-5 at the pistol range. The rules do say that if there are people waiting for a bench, you can only shoot for 15 minutes...I have not been there yet when there were people waiting.

Like I said, its not a bad range...I joined because it is closer to the one I normally use (BCFG)...

(Bucks County)

thanks Glock, I will try to attend the next meeting and see how it goes from there.