Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 0.00 BAC?

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: 0.00 BAC?

I am not looking at this thread as a drinking while carrying.

I question where these guys who give all these classes get their training. What accreditation they carry. What solstice they follow.

Or can anyone put together a class and charge you to share their opinions?
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Allegheny County)

A story that "turned me" on gun ownership/carry was told by a devastated Texas woman who carried regularly. She took her parents out to dinner one night but left her handgun in the car thinking: "This is a nice place, I'm not going to need it here."

Midway through their meal, a man with a gun entered and started shooting. The woman knocked their table over and pulled her parents to the floor as she reached for her (non-existent) gun.

At this point they were sitting ducks. As the man made his way thru the dining room, her father tried to jump him from behind and was shot and killed. Gunman then started moving away from their table to another room.

The woman saw an emergency exit and told her mother that when the gunman was out of sight, they were going to run to the emergency exit and keep running.

When he left the room, she bolted...but when she got outside she was alone. Her mother ran to her husband who was already dead. She was shot and killed.

She lost her mother and father that day. Who knows how it would've played out if she had made a different decision before entering the restaurant. A glass of wine may have impaired her judgement/abilities. But I'd still rather be armed than unarmed in that situation.

Listening to that woman tell her story changed my life and I think of it often as I train and when I need to make similar decisions.

And that is why I asked the original question here.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by tvtog View Post
    A story that "turned me" on gun ownership/carry was told by a devastated Texas woman who carried regularly. She took her parents out to dinner one night but left her handgun in the car thinking: "This is a nice place, I'm not going to need it here."
    You're thinking of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luby%27s_massacre

The earliest one that I remember is this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Ysi...d%27s_massacre
    Last edited by streaker69; August 13th, 2012 at 09:13 AM.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by tvtog View Post
    Yep...that's the one Streaker. How can an "anti-" read that...or better...hear it in Suzanna Hupp's own words...and not be changed? Horrible, horrible proof that the police can only be there for the aftermath.
    Because in their world view, it's the gun that causes people to do evil things. If there were no guns, there wouldn't be any evil.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

Yep...that's the one Streaker. How can an "anti-" read that...or better...hear it in Suzanna Hupp's own words...and not be changed? Horrible, horrible proof that the police can only be there for the aftermath.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Because in their world view, it's the gun that causes people to do evil things. If there were no guns, there wouldn't be any evil.
    yup...doh. :headshake:

Ok...so maybe it'll be the people like me who weren't anti- but were disengeaged from the thought who shall be swayed.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kine View Post
    I know some won't agree with me on this one but given my situation and location i have the opportunity to practice while having had drinks. Most people may not find themselves in such a position but being an eagle scout i have a NEED to be prepared, always. I do not drink often so I'm a bit of a "light weight" and i rarely drink more than 3-4 beers because anymore, for me, has a quick cessation on fun. Also, I practice on a large farm with a large cut hill as a lead catcher in a small valley so if alone it is "safe" to fire in any direction but up (a luxury i don't take for granted). Sooo, this weekend (before having read this thread) i decided to see how I was doing after said 3 beers. The attached image is the target i was going for. Its not my first time with such a practice and I DO NOT reccomend anyone try this unless they have such an area where the only person that could get hurt is yourself. I don't think i did THAT bad considering the circumstances but its a good indication of how aim is changed (for me personally) those 2 strays usually arent there.Before the flames, i DON'T plan on firing "drank" in any other situation and i DON'T frequent bars, if i do its for the food and a single drink (just not my scene). The impared judgement is obvious as i hung the target upside down... so one has to think... even if you can hit the target impared, you still probably didn't think it though

8 rounds fired from an XDM 3.8 compact .40SW @ 15 yrds w/ remington UMC 180g JHP.

That's impressive but placement of the bullets is only a small part of the physical and mental tasks involved with carrying a firearm. Alcohol would be far less dangerous if all it did was reduce fine motor skills and widen groups.

In my State, it is illegal to use a firearm while under the influence of alcohol, but at the same time, anyone who blows 0.05 or less must legally be presumed not to be under the influence of alcohol.

But, that's just my state.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    If there were no guns, there wouldn't be any evil.
    Shortly after the beginning, there was the fruit of the tree of knowledge. Without that fruit, we wouldn't even know anything about evil. Who planted that tree?

Jan
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyHarmless View Post
    Shortly after the beginning, there was the fruit of the tree of knowledge. Without that fruit, we wouldn't even know anything about evil. Who planted that tree?

Jan
    from what i hear on TV, that tree was planted by a man named kalashnikov

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234