Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default PAFOA members riddled with social disease

Someone go down to the PAFOA bunker and breakout the emergency penicillin stores. Guns are a social disease, folks. Sez so right here in this article. And not only that, gun ownership is a precursor to gun violence.

The cure is more control and less civilian access to firearms. This is a major public health crisis and as any social progressive knows - a good crisis should never go to waste...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...hooModule_News

(Clarion County)

Default Re: PAFOA members riddled with social disease

It is and I got it bad ,itchy finger , over observant got it bad.

The cause of this disease , people refuse to be victimized any longer . The cure ? Keep these life long offenders locked up and not back on the streets .
    Last edited by dman; August 11th, 2012 at 06:30 PM.

Reading that I mostly came away with blah blah blah...gun bad...blah blah blah...punish the millions of responsible gun owners... blah blah blah

Just a couple of comments from the article.

Mass shootings don't seem to be on the rise, but not all police agencies report details like the number of victims per shooting and reporting lags by more than a year, so recent trends are not known.

Translation...... The numbers aren't what we want them to be, but we will make up reasons for that.

"There's sort of a contagion phenomenon" after a shooting, where people feel they need to have a gun for protection or retaliation, he said.

No shit.... People realize how vulnerable they really are. Thank you captain obvious. To put it in your terms, when a virus attacks the body, the body finds a way to fight off the virus. Much like people see a danger, they find a way to protect themselves,
    Last edited by internet troll; August 11th, 2012 at 06:33 PM.

(Montgomery County)

I have a bad case of gunitis!
    Hafa Adai! IANAL I merely state my opinion. If I am wrong, please correct me.

(Susquehanna County)

Tried to leave this comment but I don't FACEBOOK:
    Here's one source: Deaths from Medical misadventure: 98,000 preventable deaths from medical errors annually in America (Patient Safety in American Hospitals, Health Grades 2004) see: http://www.rightdiagnosis.com/m/medi...ure/deaths.htm please be sure to note this is medical misadventure, meaning some Doctor, nurse or hospital/staff screwed up!

So if this is true, Doctors and hospitals are several times more deadly than guns. Maybe the Docs should fix their own troubles first!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

It's the recidivism stupid!

How can otherwise intelligent people be so unbelievably ignorant?

(Northampton County)

This is not a joke.

ALL of the major media are openly advocating gun control and gun bans as obvious social issues that need to be addressed. In the course of their REPORTING the news, not their discussions or editorials or punditry. Including Fox News if that makes any difference.

Do you think the next generation of teenagers is getting their news from PAFOA or the NRA? What do you think they are teaching in schools? Guns are about to become the racism of the 21 Century. How do you expect most kids to escape this indoctrination?

This is very serious business, not a matter of silly little "journalists" we don't care about. Read that article again and think about it. I think even some of you guys are becoming numb to this through excessive exposure. That's not a good sign, that's a very bad sign. Articles like that require the politicians writing them to be fired. This kind of BS was absolutely unacceptable even ten years ago outside of editorials. ALL of the media is reporting that gun control and gun banning is required as part of the simple facts of news of the day.

This entire country will look like england in 20 years tops, probably sooner. You guys will get to find out the answer to all your "what would you do" missives very very soon when your stuff becomes illegal and/or must be registered shortly before it becomes illegal.
    Last edited by ungawa; August 11th, 2012 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Reading that I mostly came away with blah blah blah...gun bad...blah blah blah...punish the millions of responsible gun owners... blah blah blah

Just a couple of comments from the article.

Mass shootings don't seem to be on the rise, but not all police agencies report details like the number of victims per shooting and reporting lags by more than a year, so recent trends are not known.

Translation...... The numbers aren't what we want them to be, but we will make up reasons for that.

"There's sort of a contagion phenomenon" after a shooting, where people feel they need to have a gun for protection or retaliation, he said.

No shit.... People realize how vulnerable they really are. Thank you captain obvious. To put it in your terms, when a virus attacks the body, the body finds a way to fight off the virus. Much like people see a danger, they find a way to protect themselves,

I bet the doctor would be shocked that people go to ERs after outbreaks too!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by BenP View Post
    I have a bad case of gunitis!
    I was diagnosed with Remington Fever. A buddy of mine has a permanent fever of 3006. Not to worry, it is contagious but it's only dangerous if you have a 6 point rack or bigger.

USA Today totally lost any credibility they had left.

"They want a science-based, pragmatic approach based on the reality that we live in a society saturated with guns and need better ways of preventing harm from them."

Really, they are blaming the guns? It seems society is to blame. Do they blame the lighter for the arsonist? Do they blame the Ferrari for the car thief? Our society promotes a selfish "I deserve what I want and I shouldn't have to work for it" attitude while putting no emphasis on personal responsibility or others' rights.

Disgusting!

(Dauphin County)

I got a fever! And the only prescription is more semi-auto!

(Now let's play 'Don't fear the Ruger' from the top...)
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast