Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Need AR15 Front Sight Post Tap ASAP

Stupid ass me just stripped the threads on my front sight for my rifle when I was changing out the post with a high viz post. Called around to my usual haunts and can't find anyone with a 8-36 tap anywhere. Anyone know of a gunsmith or machine shop that has one of these taps? This is not a standard thread pitch and it's not something that you can run down to the local automotive store and pick up off the shelf. Need someone around the Philadelphia Metro area where I can run this over to them and re-tap the threads ASAP.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Need AR15 Front Sight Post Tap ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by .45Kimber1911 View Post
    Stupid ass me just stripped the threads on my front sight for my rifle when I was changing out the post with a high viz post. Called around to my usual haunts and can't find anyone with a 8-36 tap anywhere. Anyone know of a gunsmith or machine shop that has one of these taps? This is not a standard thread pitch and it's not something that you can run down to the local automotive store and pick up off the shelf. Need someone around the Philadelphia Metro area where I can run this over to them and re-tap the threads ASAP.
    Is the thread 8mm x 36? I seem to remember having one of these. I don't remember why I bought it but I do remember buying it. I've been out of the car business for almost 9 years so it may have been lost in the shuffle. I'll check when I get home from work. If I have one, you'll have to drive to Allentown to use/get it.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Philadelphia County)

Found one on Brownell's website for $2.59 and order it with next day shipping which cost me $39.95.

Stupid...Stupid...Stupid!!!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by .45Kimber1911 View Post
    Found one on Brownell's website for $2.59 and order it with next day shipping which cost me $39.95.

Stupid...Stupid...Stupid!!!
    It's one of those tools that only work for one specific job... but worth every penny when you need it.....
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Westmoreland County)

Check a local Fastenal when you need weird tools. Also Granger.
    CDS ARMS.com - 'LIKE' Us - MG Rentals - Colt Defense AR-15 & Glock Certified Armorer