Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Question L&I LTCF APPEAL -experience anyone?

deleted against any type of leaked information
    Last edited by mystikast; August 17th, 2012 at 04:06 PM. Reason: thanks for help

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: L&I LTCF APPEAL -experience anyone?

Is this essentially just a repost of your previous thread?

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-car...rt-advice.html
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Philadelphia County)

This is a much more succinct and condensed post without all the hate and speculation of my other one I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by mystikast View Post
    This is a much more succinct and condensed post without all the hate and speculation of my other one I hope.
    Hate and speculation, I and others initially came to your defense...how do you begin to explain this stuff????

How can someone who has experienced all these things over the last to years be of "good character"?

Borrowed from Internet Troll

His problem has been going on for a couple of years with a lot of threads. A few posts just to keep things straight:

Charged with Burglary.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ed-felony.html

Raided for suspicion of selling drugs.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-car...rt-advice.html

In this thread there is a comment pointed out by Gunlawyer where he was accused of a crime for matching the suspects description.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/1938039-post-22.html

A domestic boyfriend/girlfriend thing
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ck-police.html

(Delaware County)

I'm sorry, but you can't expect people to give you their unequivocal support when you fail to adequately explain all of the very valid questions that people have. Spamming the board with the same threads over and over expecting a different outcome is not the best move for you at this point. Making snarky comments about people giving you "hate and speculation" when you have done very little to show otherwise only further damages your reputation.

EDIT: You never answered my question previously: Did you have drugs in the house while you were in possession of firearms? If so, then you got off lucky, and the police officer is wholly within reason to suggest to the L&I board that you are of questionable character.

(Chester County)

Hello all,

I have an upcoming hearing regarding a revoked LTCF. I was arrested and all charges were dropped before it even got to trial, but they are saying the fact I was arrested means I am not of good character or reputation. I am wondering if anyone has had experience with a hearing with the L&I board regarding the revocation of an LTCF. I am trying to findout the structure of the hearing. I have called the office of the prothonotary and the clerk of courts, but neither of them were able to tell me the structure of the hearing, neither will anyone at L&I. I cannot find any information on the web either.

From what I've heard from attorneys and police officers I've spoken to, the city will present their case and call their witnesses, I will then present my case, the board will take a vote, and I will receive a letter in about two weeks regarding the decision. This is a civil matter, so the burden of proof is not beyond a reasonable doubt, it is simply a preponderance of evidence. I've also found out that if I lose this appeal, I can appeal the L&I board's decision in the court of common pleas.

However, a few questions are still unanswered. Do I get to cross-examine the witnesses the city will call? Do I get to call witnesses of my own? Is there any process of discovery? Can I object to anything during the trial? Am I allowed to present authentic exhibits into evidence?

I am unable to hire an attorney due to financial reason, but I have taken advantage of the free consultations of have learned all that thus far. Sadly, I haven't been able to find an attorney that deals with civil matters with the L&I board, so no attorney I've spoken to knows the exact structure of the hearing, this seems to be an obscure area of law.

If anyone can please give some insight, I would appreciate it. Thank You.
    OP,

You asked for help and our opinions already. Posting another thread because you didn't like the answers we gave you is ignorant and obnoxious. Oh, and I'm quoting your original post in this thread because you've had the habit of going back and removing your posts after you didn't like the forum's answers.

If you refuse to find the money to hire a lawyer, you're gonna get what you pay for.

I want to wish you luck, but given everything you've presented, I honestly start to question if you are the kind of person the character clause was designed to keep from carrying firearms. How many times have you had your guns taken away so far? Either you've had an awful lot of bad luck and drama in your life... or you've committed crimes that would deny you the right to own/carry firearms, but you've been lucky and avoided conviction. If it's the first, sorry about your luck. My gut is telling me it's the second. In that case, just keep on testing your luck, and you might or might not run out of it at some point.

I hope you grow up and stop making bad decisions before you hurt yourself or someone else.
    FOAC Volunteer. NREMT-P. NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun Instructor & RSO. BSA Rangemaster. Act 235.
    Selling: Remington R1 1911

(Chester County)

Double post
    FOAC Volunteer. NREMT-P. NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun Instructor & RSO. BSA Rangemaster. Act 235.

(Allegheny County)

I know i am new to this forum and my words carry little weight but i had to chime in here. I feel that you should leave sites like this one and speak to someone else. It feels, to me, that you are out to harm and/or be generally cool. I just spent the last few minutes reading your previous threads and its blazing obvious that these stories are either fabricated or you dont have the sound judgement needed to be issued a LTCF. To me the constant use of the word AK-47 when you own(ed) a WSAR-10 speaks volumes. I am honestly suprised that the CC gun in question wasn't a "glock". Y'all don't know me well here but I am a FERVENT 2nd amendment supporter as well as a general hater of LEO's (no disrespect intended to any LEO's here but the stereotypes in my experience have held true with only a few exceptions) bla bla bla, long story short some would think I'm some domestic terrorist nut other know im an Eagle Scout with a firm beliefs similar to that of the founding fathers. Point being if an ARM ERRYONE type of guy like me thinks you're not responsible enough to own a gun, you shouldnt. just my humble opinion. You have proven throughout your previous threads that you will let yourself get into a situation that you should never be in CONSTANTLY. Then you proceed to talk about it in an incriminating manner on the internet. Honestly i couldn't give a fuck less if you had marijuana. Hell, a TON of people have a small amount from time to time. that really isn't the issue bothering someone like me. the issue is you presumably associate with people that will get you into trouble (or you're slightly more retarded than i hope) and such situations cloud the judgement capabilities that MUST BE ABSOLUTE in order to carry. Then again if you HAD some marijuana, got in in the toilet, then weren't fast enough to flush it before the cops came in do you think you're fast enough to responsabily carry a gun? Once again this is just MY opinion but i feel others would side with me on this issue.

And FYI for the record, you talk like either an obviously guilty man or a anti-gunner trying to prey on weak minded LTCF holder that pretty much don't (or atleast shouldn't) be 'round here. Please take yourself elsewhere as I (personally) feel like you are a danger to this (online) and your (physical) community.

My apologies for the rant

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kine View Post
    I know i am new to this forum and my words carry little weight but i had to chime in here. I feel that you should leave sites like this one and speak to someone else. It feels, to me, that you are out to harm and/or be generally cool. I just spent the last few minutes reading your previous threads and its blazing obvious that these stories are either fabricated or you dont have the sound judgement needed to be issued a LTCF. To me the constant use of the word AK-47 when you own(ed) a WSAR-10 speaks volumes. I am honestly suprised that the CC gun in question wasn't a "glock". Y'all don't know me well here but I am a FERVENT 2nd amendment supporter as well as a general hater of LEO's (no disrespect intended to any LEO's here but the stereotypes in my experience have held true with only a few exceptions) bla bla bla, long story short some would think I'm some domestic terrorist nut other know im an Eagle Scout with a firm beliefs similar to that of the founding fathers. Point being if an ARM ERRYONE type of guy like me thinks you're not responsible enough to own a gun, you shouldnt. just my humble opinion. You have proven throughout your previous threads that you will let yourself get into a situation that you should never be in CONSTANTLY. Then you proceed to talk about it in an incriminating manner on the internet. Honestly i couldn't give a fuck less if you had marijuana. Hell, a TON of people have a small amount from time to time. that really isn't the issue bothering someone like me. the issue is you presumably associate with people that will get you into trouble (or you're slightly more retarded than i hope) and such situations cloud the judgement capabilities that MUST BE ABSOLUTE in order to carry. Then again if you HAD some marijuana, got in in the toilet, then weren't fast enough to flush it before the cops came in do you think you're fast enough to responsabily carry a gun? Once again this is just MY opinion but i feel others would side with me on this issue.

And FYI for the record, you talk like either an obviously guilty man or a anti-gunner trying to prey on weak minded LTCF holder that pretty much don't (or atleast shouldn't) be 'round here. Please take yourself elsewhere as I (personally) feel like you are a danger to this (online) and your (physical) community.

My apologies for the rant
    Everyone is new at some time, and longevity of tenure does not equal to quality of posting, and neither does the opposite.

From what I have seen, you may be spot on in your observations. I wish the OP would work to clarify things more instead of throwing up smoke screens and trying to get different answers for the same questions when he doesn't like the results in the first place.

(Chester County)

You guys really are something. Most of you are no help and just criticize. I'm done. To those who actually have helped me, thank you. You have no idea the specifics of my case and have no idea what I'm going through, so don't begin to presume you do.
    You've been asked questions that you never answered in multiple threads. Don't say "we don't understand" if you won't help us to understand. And don't project hate at us just because you don't like what we're saying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast