Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default DIY 3 gun platform

I am thinking about doing a DIY 3 gun platform using a jogging stroller.
    Would the guys who have gone about making themselves one of these mind posting pictures of their DIY 3 gun platforms, and include some details about what mods you did (how you did them, and why).
    Thanks

(Blair County)

Default Re: DIY 3 gun platform

I use a pull behind garden cart. It doubles as my cart for uspsa as well... Plus it hauls firewood and garbage.

I just use soft cases and throw the guns in them when transporting. I manage to haul my range bag, a cooler, a toolbox, all my guns and ammo. Plus chairs to sit in. Its the 1000 lb cart from Tractor Supply.
    I can take an assbeating like its nobodys business" - Doug Bryant

(Allegheny County)

Hope this helps!

http://www.madtrigger.net/smf/index.php?topic=38.0

The one link in the article is broken. Just Google "All Rite Pack Rack Plus" for the parts.

3gcart.jpg

Last edited by Hawk; August 27th, 2012 at 03:03 PM.
    Toujours prêt

(Butler County)

I took a jogging stroller, removed the canopy and added 2 single ATV gun rack mounts (from Cabela's) to it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Lancaster County)

Thanks guys!
    It looks like we have the same jogging stroller as you both too. LOL

Actually, I am really digging the welding cart/dolly idea from the link...

(York County)

I made one from a harbor freight welding cart. I made it for CAS matches but it worked for 3gun and steel matches. Not as nice as the one in the link but my wood working skills are improving. Here is my mark 1 version.

(Lancaster County)

Working on making mine from a golf bag cart that I got at a yard sale dirt cheap a few years ago. Pics in a bit as soon as it is completed.

Something I realized from talking with my wife while ordering the parts needed is that it will also likely be great for hauling fishing rods and tackle when we fish at the beach. As such it might not be the only one we make depending on how this one does. Anyone else use theirs for fishing also?
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Lancaster County)

As promised, here's my super simple one doing double duty today as a fishing gear hauler. Rods fit perfectly in the gun holders, tackle bag fits where I strap a couple ammo cans with the bungee cords. So basically it's my weekend activity cart almost every weekend I'd imagine everyone's 3 gun cart can do the same.

"You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

If I have to carry three guns, I usually do it the way men do it(with no estrogen involved);
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Erie County)

I'm a bit confused by the term "gun platform", of course I shoot Cowboy Action Shooting, rather than 3-Gun. In CAS, we refer to the carts we use to transport our firearms, ammunition and shooting supplies, as "guncarts" (I know, it doesn't sound as cool and tactical as "gun platform", but we're anything but tactical in CAS). These can come in many shapes and sizes. I have two different guncarts, one for local matches, and one for matches I travel to.

My local match cart, obviously made of wood, has space for five long guns, storage boxes on top and bottom, and built in seat. It's a Simple Gun Cart, made by Cal Graf Design, from Wyoming. It can be completely disassembled to be made smaller, but I normally just break it down into two pieces for transporting in the back of my Jeep.

And for matches I travel to, a 2-gun Rugged Gear cart. It folds and stores in the trunk of my car quite well, only takes a minute to unfold and setup.

Although neither is as glamorous as frankenstiening together some form of makeshift cart, they do their job well, and have never let me down in 10 years of shooting.
    Last edited by Kiski Cowboy; June 1st, 2014 at 05:19 PM.
    "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
    United States Constitution - 2nd Amendment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast