Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Mercer County)

Default Wexford SGL New Range

Monday, I went out to the SGL to do a little target practice with the .22 and the 1911. Had a decent time and no real problems. Today, I took the 10/22 and the 1911 but something was strange. The 10yd and 25yd backstops were missing. They had a little sign up stating that the new handgun only range was now open. So after beating up most of a 550 count box of .22 long I made my way over to the new range. What a great job they did! Parking right behind the stations and they split the 10 and 25yd ranges up so you do t have to clear everyone, only those in the range you are in.

The only problem I see is that they no longer have a place to start sighting in a rifle. I had a new scope on the 10/22 and it was so far out of wack that I had to shoot the dirt mound at 50yds just to get some idea where the round was going.

But other than that... Great job!

(Butler County)

Default Re: Wexford SGL New Range

Quote Originally Posted by JasonPACC View Post
    Monday, I went out to the SGL to do a little target practice with the .22 and the 1911. Had a decent time and no real problems. Today, I took the 10/22 and the 1911 but something was strange. The 10yd and 25yd backstops were missing. They had a little sign up stating that the new handgun only range was now open. So after beating up most of a 550 count box of .22 long I made my way over to the new range. What a great job they did! Parking right behind the stations and they split the 10 and 25yd ranges up so you do t have to clear everyone, only those in the range you are in.

The only problem I see is that they no longer have a place to start sighting in a rifle. I had a new scope on the 10/22 and it was so far out of wack that I had to shoot the dirt mound at 50yds just to get some idea where the round was going.

But other than that... Great job!
    That seems to be the only logical place for me to shoot. I havent been there since they redid it. Is it in the same location or is it near where they shoot trap?
    PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by zeroflat24 View Post
    That seems to be the only logical place for me to shoot. I havent been there since they redid it. Is it in the same location or is it near where they shoot trap?
    Same place... About 1/8 of a mile down the road if even that far.

(Lawrence County)

I haven't been there in probably 3 years or so... Last time I was there it was packed. Getting a lane was impossible. There was one guy at the 100 yard range that had been there all day long. I think he was sighting in for some long range shooting cause he was holding nice groups 6" high at 100 yards... lol

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chazman321 View Post
    I haven't been there in probably 3 years or so... Last time I was there it was packed. Getting a lane was impossible.
    I haven't had an issue with getting a spot. Perhaps a little closer to Deer season it will get packed, but so will most ranges. The few times I have been to WSGL I would say that they were 10-25% full.

(Butler County)

The new pistol range is definitely nice. The fact that the two sides are split so both sides don't have to clear is amazing. Seems like it gets more traffic now, though. Last time I was there it started off with me and another guy, and by the time I left every lane was filled.

(Mercer County)

I am usually there around 8-8:30 am on the weekdays. Nice and quiet!