Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belt source

(Bucks County)

Default Belt source

You guys looking for a belt that won't turn to mush from the weight of your carry rig might like what they have in a little Amish shop in Intercourse. It's called "The Village Harness Shop," and it's across Newport road from the big tourist trap center, just about a half block up from the main drag. A bit obscure, as it's just kind of in what looks like almost like a house. Don't be put off by the "No Tourists, No Cameras" sign on the door; they welcome people looking for horse-tack and other equestrian supplies.

Anyway, right in front they have a display of some of the nicest, sturdiest, simple leather belts I've seen in years. About 20 bucks, available in several widths, every reasonable length, and in black or brown. Easily twice as thick as the Chinese junk they sell at Kohl's.

Oh, and if you need a halter for your gigantic draft horse, they have them, too

(Berks County)

Default Re: Belt source

I know this place, and never thought to check there for belts that might be sturdy enough to support a holster. Good find, thanks for the info; I'll definitely be checking it out when time permits.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Lawrence County)

I get all of my belts made from an Amish man who owns a tack/harness shop near my parents house. He will custom make any length, width, buckle and hole arrangement for $10. I have had one of his belts that I wear everyday now going on 5 years and there are hardly any signs of wear other than slight fading. I go with brown leather, 1.75 inch width and also get it made with 2 prongs on the buckle for added support and so the belt holes are less likely to stretch.

(Lehigh County)

I wonder if it is this guy he gets them from, Mitch is not the owner but a friend of the owner of the Harness Shop i think. http://forum.pafoa.org/accessories-a...-gunbelts.html

(Philadelphia County)

Great to know!! Next time I need one I will go there. Beats paying $60.00 or so for the one I have now, although it is tough as nails and works fantastic.

(Bucks County)

Just don't eat at the local smorgasbords (aka "troughs") otherwise you'll be back in for a larger belt in a week or two.

(Northumberland County)

I get my belts at Kauffmans, the amish store in Loganton. The are by a company called Shade Mtn Belts. In the last 15 years I have had 2 of these belts, and I wear the same one everyday. I put these belts through hell, being a big guy with no real ass I wear my belts tighter than the average bear to keep the crack clevage to a minimum. I had to scrap the last one because the brass buckle was actually bending after 7 or so years. I just bought two new ones last week a regualr one, and a fairly dressy one to wear to work. the total for both was $43. Thats half of what I would have paid for one from the Big Mens catalogs.

Quote Originally Posted by gascolator View Post
    You guys looking for a belt that won't turn to mush from the weight of your carry rig might like what they have in a little Amish shop in Intercourse. It's called "The Village Harness Shop," and it's across Newport road from the big tourist trap center, just about a half block up from the main drag. A bit obscure, as it's just kind of in what looks like almost like a house. Don't be put off by the "No Tourists, No Cameras" sign on the door; they welcome people looking for horse-tack and other equestrian supplies.

Anyway, right in front they have a display of some of the nicest, sturdiest, simple leather belts I've seen in years. About 20 bucks, available in several widths, every reasonable length, and in black or brown. Easily twice as thick as the Chinese junk they sell at Kohl's.

Oh, and if you need a halter for your gigantic draft horse, they have them, too
    Thanks for the info.

(Berks County)

do you think they be opened Monday? I would think Amish it's just another day to them.

(Monroe County)

Amish belts are a little-known secret; incredible quality, incredible price. Can't go wrong with an Amish belt.
    Everyone should have an AK-47

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast