Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Pulled over leaving gun shop , ,

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Thanks Chief!

Been on 611 thru Piperville many times. Used to stop at Belherts way back when.
    The old man was a great gunsmith. Shame he is no longer with us. I bought most of my inventory at the old Sport Spot, Don's (from Fred) and Colisimos back in the day.

Sorry for getting of of topic but thanks for the memories.

(Delaware County)

FWIW , it was a very high steeped tree-lined hill with nothing but rocks. It was so steep that there was no houses , or anything. Doubt mountain goats could run up it. And before you spout off about a richocet , I carry Glaser Safety Slugs.

We happy now? Friends , yea?

If you weren't my friend , I just don't think I could go on.
    Look, I get it - you were there, and we weren't. You don't have to be such a big ball of attitude about it.

Here's the thing. While in the situation, you thought it was perfectly appropriate to reach for and draw a gun in front of an on-duty police trooper and operate it's action. You felt comfortable that the trooper was okay with this without him expressly stating so, and you also felt comfortable that you would not have a negligent or accidental discharge while showing your gat off to him.

All we're trying to say is...

What if you were wrong? Would it have been worth it?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    Ironsight, I truly hope you never enter a gunshop again, you know, with all those untrained boobs running around with loaded guns trying out holsters and the like...
    Damn near every time I'm in a shop there are guys asking about holsters, mags or lights/lasers.
    Many of these times these same guys draw their carry weapon, point at the wall or floor and clear it in public.

Would you say something to them as well?
    That's an easy hypothetical because I've witnessed that myself a few times and yes, I say something.

Is it unnerving? Sure it can be if the guy is sweeping people.
    Hell, I'm probably most alert inside a gunshop just due to this kind of stuff.

You were not there, you don't know the circumstances.
    If you don't agree with him showing his gun to a cop out on the street, fine, but the backstop and AD stuff is just way over the top.

Like I said, I don't think showing his gun to a cop out in public was a good idea, but damn, the backstop argument is really weak since you were not there.
    Asking if it was pointed in a safe direction with a visible backstop is sensible and definitively not over any line in my book. He's finally answered and i've gotten enough insight into how he reacts to that kind of question that I know all I need to now.

I'm done with this thread and I hope you all enjoy your mall ninja party since I won't be here to crash it any longer.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    Look, I get it - you were there, and we weren't. You don't have to be such a big ball of attitude about it.

Here's the thing. While in the situation, you thought it was perfectly appropriate to reach for and draw a gun in front of an on-duty police trooper and operate it's action. You felt comfortable that the trooper was okay with this without him expressly stating so, and you also felt comfortable that you would not have a negligent or accidental discharge while showing your gat off to him.

Then we talked guns. He asked if/what I carried , and I told him that I was currently carrying my Kel-Tec P3AT in my back pocket. He asked how I liked it , how long I had it , what kinda ammo I use. I took it out , removed the mag and chambered round , and let him handle it. He handed it back , I rechambered a round and slipped it back in my pocket. Chatted a bit more , then I was off to find something cold to drink.
    Again, since he didn't have a voice recorder, we really don't know how the conversation went, maybe the OP did say something like:
    "yeah, I carry a keltec p3at, want to take a look?"
    Is it probable it went like that?
    Maybe not, but is it possible, sure.

I don't know the Op, nor am I trying to defend him, but the big ball attitude seems to be by more than just the OP.
    A poster saying he would open his mouth to someone in public shows exactly what you are saying as well, yet you're only calling out the op on it?
    Hell, I told Iron that I would laugh at him if he said something to me, I guess that's a big ball attitude as well.

IMO, the big ball attitude started in post #18 with the if I posted what I really think I'd be banned... comment.

And also, seeing how you have had some interactions in the past regarding OC, was it worth OCing if you had been shot?

It's not your call, you weren't there, just as we weren't there when you had you incident.
    Not everyone agrees with OC, and maybe it's because of the exact reason you just stated, it's maybe not a good idea and could get you shot?

See what I did there...

This is really turned into a pissing match over nothing.
    See y'all...

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by IronSight View Post
    That's an easy hypothetical because I've witnessed that myself a few times and yes, I say something.

Asking if it was pointed in a safe direction with a visible backstop is sensible and definitively not over any line in my book. He's finally answered and i've gotten enough insight into how he reacts to that kind of question that I know all I need to now.

I'm done with this thread and I hope you all enjoy your mall ninja party since I won't be here to crash it any longer.
    You say something yet don't feel strongly enough about it to avoid gun shops?
    If you've seen it a few times, you must have kept going after the first incident correct?

Must really be something that keeps you up at night.

Yep, I'm a mall ninja because you like to pipe your expert opinion into things that you have no idea of how they went down.
    I think your mirror is calling.

Cool Re: Pulled over leaving gun shop , ,

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    Look, I get it - you were there, and we weren't.

Oi Vey!

Obviously , you don't get it.

Obviously my OP was too brief and condensed , and I glossed over too many details for your limited comprehension.

Sorry I didn't record the entire conversation. I don't wear a recorder since I don't go around baiting cops by OC'ing , so I'll dumb it down even more for ya.

It was obvious to me that he wanted to see it , but didn't want to ask. He just had that inquisitive (that mean curious) look on his face. He seemed very at ease (comfortable , not on edge or nervous) talking to me. He knew what I was reaching for as I told him it was in my back pocket. I removed it from my back pocket slowly , with two fingers (actually my thumb and forefinger) , ejected the mag with my left hand while holding the slide with my right , not gripping it like I was gonna fire it , all the while making certain it was pointed toward the wooded hill next to the vacant gas station. He was even slightly aft of me (that means behind) , still checking my bike.

He asked if he could dry fire it and I agreed. Yes , he pointed it in the same direction after re-checking the empty chamber. He commented the trigger was probably better than his Glock. Said he would think about getting one for a back-up himself. He also asked my opinion of the Ruger LCP and asked my opinion about other pistols in that size/power range.

Comprende'?

Even when pulled over involuntarily, and I inform a cop I'm carrying , I download my pistols myself if asked to hand it over because most cops don't know how to download a small semi-automatic with no slide lock safely.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Talking Re: Pulled over leaving gun shop , ,

Hey Flattie , I don't know about you , but I'm outta here. Gonna go for a ride and grab some lunch!

Alpha Mike Foxtrot!
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by IronSight View Post
    I think it was more the tone that it was asked than the question itself.IMO.
    Gun safety is paramount for all.OC/CC who cares,it is up to the person carrying,and not really anything to do with the OP's original post,again IMO.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Delaware County)

Oi Vey!

Obviously , you don't get it.

Obviously my OP was too brief and condensed , and I glossed over too many details for your limited comprehension.

Sorry I didn't record the entire conversation. I don't wear a recorder since I don't go around baiting cops by OC'ing , so I'll dumb it down even more for ya.

Comprende'?
    Your ability to insult those who don't understand a story because of the details you left out is amazing. The best part is, you even admit that you left information out, yet you still somehow think I'm "dumb" and "limited" for not understanding.

I asked for clarification, I got a personal attack. How pleasant.

(Jefferson County)

Thread has been derailed..

Closing it..

Safety Nazi'ing is trolling just like instigating is - the requests for infractions is a wash.. Either I infract both parties, or neither. You all can choose which action I take via PM to me.
    Last edited by knight0334; August 5th, 2012 at 01:04 PM.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456