Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: got my 22TCM

(Allegheny County)

Default got my 22TCM

So its my first 1911. I've shot a variety of them before, ranging from taurus to sti, and am a huge fan of the platform. I've steered clear before because of the per round cost of 45, and considered 9mm but was talked out of it, until now.

THE GOOD
    Its all metal, fit and finish is quite nice, except for those ugly grips. There is no rattle and the action is very smooth. The trigger is smooth and fairly light but has some creep and just a tad overtravel.

THE BAD
    It is heavier than I expected, about on par when unloaded with my friends single stack Dan Wesson, fully loaded. The front sight will have to go, its just a plain black blade, but i would have switched to tritium anyway. My only other gripe thus far is the short slide release, i cant reach it with my thumb, but i rarely us a slide release anyway.

I haven't shot it yet, but will post a review when I do. I need to order some. 22tcm ammo to try it, but if I can get to the range soon, I'll run it with the 9mm barrel.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: got my 22TCM

Quote Originally Posted by ham385 View Post
    So its my first 1911. I've shot a variety of them before, ranging from taurus to sti, and am a huge fan of the platform. I've steered clear before because of the per round cost of 45, and considered 9mm but was talked out of it, until now.

THE GOOD
    Its all metal, fit and finish is quite nice, except for those ugly grips. There is no rattle and the action is very smooth. The trigger is smooth and fairly light but has some creep and just a tad overtravel.

THE BAD
    It is heavier than I expected, about on par when unloaded with my friends single stack Dan Wesson, fully loaded. The front sight will have to go, its just a plain black blade, but i would have switched to tritium anyway. My only other gripe thus far is the short slide release, i cant reach it with my thumb, but i rarely us a slide release anyway.

I haven't shot it yet, but will post a review when I do. I need to order some. 22tcm ammo to try it, but if I can get to the range soon, I'll run it with the 9mm barrel.
    Congrats ! I have been debating getting one for months since they have become available. Looking forward to your range report to hopefully push me over the edge - lol!

(Allegheny County)

Since my first post, i decided to'fiddle' with it. I broke down the slide, changed out the barrel, spring, and extractor (which requires removing the firing pin) to 9mm. It was very easy, even for a guy who never disassembled a 1911.

Contrary to my first post, i did notice there is a little play in the slide to frame fit, but it is minimal. Barrel lockup is tight with both barrels. Also, the finish is a nice uniform park, in short i have no real complaints except the ugly grips.

(Franklin County)

I await your range trip eagerly. This is one of the few short list pistols for me, so your trip might push me over the edge. I figure this pistol might take off, better grab em before the prices sky rocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Python73 View Post
    Shoot what you like, like what you shoot.Own what you like, like what you own.

(Cumberland County)

Not sure what ammo is going for, haven't checked it all out yet, but cheaperthandirt has armscor advertised :

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/produ...8%2f3+Campaign

(Franklin County)

I have been reading alot about this caliber and it sounds like Lone Wolf is testing a glock barrel for it. Wether thats true or not I can not confirm.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by leplat View Post
    I have been reading alot about this caliber and it sounds like Lone Wolf is testing a glock barrel for it. Wether thats true or not I can not confirm.
    Now that would be something interesting.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by leplat View Post
    Oh snap. Hopefully that is more than a rumor.

Why stop there? I'd like to see a Sig barrel, too.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Why stop there? I'd like to see a Sig barrel, too.
    Thats the beauty of this round. It can be theoretically fit in any 9mm handgun.

Oh and OP, something Im not sure if your aware of but save your brass. You can ship it to Fred Craig as Atomitronx and get them reloaded for iirc $12 and some change and get some custom loading including from what Iv read a hornady critical defense load.

Now if he where to offer a solid copper slug, youv got my attention.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast