Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default I have a question about employment.

I don't post here often well I didn't before because I worked a lot but now I am out of work. I am a NAVY Submarine Vet and I have met many of you folks either walking around at stores or whatever. I always have my PAFOA T-shirt on and I have a bumper sticker on the back of my Jeep(Which I get a lot of questions and thumbs up about). I am not here looking for a hand out I was just wondering if anybody knew of anyone who may be hiring. I worked most my life in shipping and receiving but I can do most anything. I have been down the Veteran road with not much success and I have been pushing resumes out like crazy. I have even been to that ERG Staffing place down in Stroudsburg. I won't give my opinion on that right now. So I am just throwing it out there right now to see if any of you folks know of anyone hiring.

Thanks for your time.
    Jim

email is (kelljam@msn.com)

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: I have a question about employment.

My network is pretty barren in your area. If you end up in the Philly area I could start checking around for you. Best of luck to you.

I don't know of anything in your area but if you are open to relocating I would recommend checking out the Navy Support Activity in Mechanicsburg. With your background you'd have a good chance if they are hiring.

(Allegheny County)

Are you willing to relocate? Lots of jobs here in da'burgh. The post gazette has a decent jobs section online.

Smile Re: I have a question about employment.

Highly recommend Tobyhanna Army Depot,Preference is given to Vets,Disabled and other options to get your foot in the door,At Least get your online application in with Status Preferences,and Contractors at the Depot will also Hire on a Veteran plus status,Good Luck !

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jakell View Post
    I don't post here often well I didn't before because I worked a lot but now I am out of work. I am a NAVY Submarine Vet and I have met many of you folks either walking around at stores or whatever. I always have my PAFOA T-shirt on and I have a bumper sticker on the back of my Jeep(Which I get a lot of questions and thumbs up about). I am not here looking for a hand out I was just wondering if anybody knew of anyone who may be hiring. I worked most my life in shipping and receiving but I can do most anything. I have been down the Veteran road with not much success and I have been pushing resumes out like crazy. I have even been to that ERG Staffing place down in Stroudsburg. I won't give my opinion on that right now. So I am just throwing it out there right now to see if any of you folks know of anyone hiring.

Thanks for your time.
    Jim

email is (kelljam@msn.com)
    If you were on a Sub... pretty sure you have or had an active Security Clearance right??? If so check out www.clearancejobs.com
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Pike County)

Thank you for all the info I was on a sub back in 86 so I don't think any clearance that I had would be active. I am willing to go to the distance and I have applied for different positions at the Army Depot just haven't heard anything back. Once again thanks for the info.

(Monroe County)

Toby just announced funding cut backs.

Most logistics jobs are in the Lehigh Valley. If you could get into the BMW warehouse behind Sonic at the Nazareth exit you get to drive a Beemer.

(Pike County)

Howdy from another Bushkillian!

Rumor has it the Pocono Ranchlands may have an opening for a p/t Public Safety Officer.
    PM me if you want any other info.

(Lancaster County)

Check Gentex Corp over in Carbondale. Not sure where you are in Pike but it's about a 45 min. drive for me (I live in Pike during the week). Not sure if they are hiring but they do defense work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast