Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Philadelphia City Council has a court date

Here is the source:
    http://www.kyw1060.com/City-Council-...e-Gun-/1736315
    Read the story online to get access to the related story links.

City Council Gets a Court Date to Fight State Gun Laws

by KYW's Mike Dunn

City Council now has a date in court to argue that Philadelphia should be able to set its own restrictions on gun use. (See Related Story from May 2007)

Last summer, City Council filed suit against Harrisburg lawmakers asking the court to give the Philadelphia the right to enact stricter gun laws than the state now has. (See Previous Story)

Now Council has a hearing date -- the matter will be heard in Common Pleas Court on March 12.

Councilman Darrell Clarke is spearheading this:

"I don't see in the foreseeable future, frankly speaking, any opportunity to have the state change any gun regulations. So we're simply asking a court to allow us to do that."

Clarke admits this suit would likely be tied up in court for a very long time. Mayor Nutter has already threatened to start enforcing new gun restrictions on his own -- even without the okay from Harrisburg or a judge.

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: Philadelphia City Council has a court date

Quote Originally Posted by PAhunter View Post
    Clarke admits this suit would likely be tied up in court for a very long time. Mayor Nutter has already threatened to start enforcing new gun restrictions on his own -- even without the okay from Harrisburg or a judge.
    Then Mayor nutter should be subject to arrest for a number of offenses, for all of the firearms he intends to "take off the street" -official oppression, unlawful restraint (okay, a stretch), criminal conspiracy to commit theft of firearms, C.C. to commit Theft by Unlawful Taking, C.C. to commit Theft by Extortion (Firearm) (thats a felony 2), etc. etc.
    Oh, and his actions annoy and alarm me, and serve no legitimate purpose, so Harassment and disorderly conduct too.
    "The rifle is the weapon of democracy. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military. The hired servants of our rulers. Only the government-and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws." (Edward Abbey, "The Right to Arms," Abbey's Road [New York, 1979])
    I have my rifle. Do you?

(Cumberland County)

I'm thinking that someone needs to file the charges when and if he actually starts with his unlawful, criminal tactics which he wants to use under the guise of "fighting crime"
    MOLON LABE

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHands View Post
    I'm thinking that someone needs to file the charges when and if he actually starts with his unlawful, criminal tactics which he wants to use under the guise of "fighting crime"
    That'll work too!!
    "The rifle is the weapon of democracy. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military. The hired servants of our rulers. Only the government-and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws." (Edward Abbey, "The Right to Arms," Abbey's Road [New York, 1979])
    I have my rifle. Do you?

This is going to be very interesting. I'm curious to see if they are going to use legal arguments (If they can find any) or just use it as an opportunity to grandstand.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Snyder County)

If Philly would control the crime and the criminals in their city, they wouldn't have to worry about this. Quit making prisons revolving doors for criminals and the rest of the state won't have to deal with your problems.

sooner they are in court and get shot down the better. on another note if the police chief and mayor would start enforcing gun laws not on the books i'd be oer there as soon as i could to get arrested so i could sue the shit out of them, i'd be all smiles if the arrested me for some BS.

if philthadelphia make its own gun laws, is philfadelphia going to be responsible for crimes committed with illegal firearms? are they going to be held responsible for your safety when entering their city? didnt think so...........just anutter jack ass mayor...

(Delaware County)

I heard Police Commissioner Ramsey speak on the radio, he said, "If it was up to me, no one would be allowed to carry concealed".

Good to see another second amendment stalwart in office.

Why don't these politically appointed yes men have to brains to know they should keep their pie holes shut and let their masters do the talking?

The more they open their mouth, the more they look like the sock puppets they really are.

(Erie County)

I'd be curious to know what the AG Tom Corbett thinks about Mayor Nutter's illegal threats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast