Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Default Looking for advice and opinions on a laser for a Kel Tec p3at

I'm considering getting a laser for a p3at. I see that there is the Crimson Trace style laser that attaches around the trigger guard. I have also seen the laserlyte laser that attaches to the side of the weapon below the slide. The laserlytes sem to cost less. Any thoughts on which may be the better option? Are either of these difficult to install? The p3at is carried in a pocket holster which would accomidate both.
    ...and they have a plan...

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Looking for advice and opinions on a laser for a Kel Tec p3at

My Kel-Tec P32 wears an Arma-Laser - easy to put on, instant on if you put your finger inside the trigger guard ( i.e. on the trigger) works well, and breaks up the outline of the gun a little (makes it look more like a wallet inside yoyur front pocket). I've been very happy with it. I did shoot the gun the other day without the laser (note to self, buy batteries!) and that darn little gun shoots really nicely to point of aim!
    Cb

(Elk County)

I have a Crimson Trace on mine and like it. I bought it last year when they had their $50 rebate going on.

I like the simplicity of the Crimson trace lasergrip. I also like the Laserlyte laser that attaches to the side of the weapon, and it is half the price of the lasergrip.

(Berks County)

For a .380, just spend the money on a belt clip and ammo. I carry mine 24/7 and can't imagine needing to use the laser nor having time to accuire a target with the laser. My glock 26 however, does have a lasermax rod.
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    For a .380, just spend the money on a belt clip and ammo. I carry mine 24/7 and can't imagine needing to use the laser nor having time to accuire a target with the laser. My glock 26 however, does have a lasermax rod.
    My brother has one on his G19. I was considering one of those for my glock too. The Lasermax and the laser that rests under the rear site are two that caught my eye due to not having to buy nre holsters.

If you need a laser. Get the Crimson Trace and be done with it. Everything else seems like range toys to me. The CT has "gunfight" in mind, draw your gun, its on, since the button is on the grip. Nothing to think about there huh. Just draw your pistol as you normally would, GTG. No fumbling, bumbling, out of place buttons to press or, even think about pressing.

Why throw another step into a stressful situation (again, gunfight). I'd be willing to bet you probably wouldnt even turn on some of the other models out there in a sticky situation. Unless you really work and train with it.

Only downfall I see with them is, they are fuckin ugly. I've always hated the trigger gaurd lasers for that reason. But ya know what, as hideous as they may be, I'd still take one of those over just about anything else on the market because of the activation button placement.
    Last edited by brownman; August 5th, 2012 at 12:33 PM.

(Somerset County)

I have the arma laser on my P3At and it sucks. it will not hold zero at all. Buy something else in my opinion anyway. I blew a hundred and twenty bucks on it and its in the garbage.

I've used all of them.

Crimson Trace laserguard. It's not even close.

BTW, the USN SEALS use an IR Crimson Trace laserguard on their new HK45C suppressed sidearms. If it is good enough for the SEALs...

That being said, the commercial Laserguards should really be waterproofed better, and they should all come with stainless steel screws. But hey, few things in life are truly perfect.

(Allegheny County)

CT laser guard I have 4 they work great

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast