Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default The firing line whitehall pa

Does anyone know the rules for the firing line concerning unrelated under 21 shooters? Are they allowed to shoot a pistol if they are over 18 without a parent or guardian present?

Also, does the firing line have the capability of shooting an ar-15 on the indoor range or is it strictly pistols? Thanks.

Default Re: The firing line whitehall pa

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Gehman View Post
    Does anyone know the rules for the firing line concerning unrelated under 21 shooters? Are they allowed to shoot a pistol if they are over 18 without a parent or guardian present?

Also, does the firing line have the capability of shooting an ar-15 on the indoor range or is it strictly pistols? Thanks.
    Word on the street is, they closed, as in, not open anymore. This is only rumor I've heard. Maybe someone else will chime in. I was only ever there a couple X and much preferred Shimerville, which is also now closed.

Guess its off to Heritage or time to join a club for you.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by brownman View Post
    Word on the street is, they closed, as in, not open anymore. This is only rumor I've heard. Maybe someone else will chime in. I was only ever there a couple X and much preferred Shimerville, which is also now closed.

Guess its off to Heritage or time to join a club for you.
    when did this supposedly happen? i was just there recently with a friend. also, i was told that you could only use shotguns and pistol calibers there.
    Last edited by SnowKitty; July 29th, 2012 at 08:13 PM.

(Monroe County)

I thought Shimersville closed not the firing line.

(Monroe County)

Will update with facts, not rumor, tommorrow, theyre both closed for the evening (Fitness & Firing Line). I'm only 5min from there. I guess a simple phone call would do too. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Gehman View Post
    As for this, I would just go, dont mention your age, its not like they card you. Also, I see no age restrictions on their site.

(Northampton County)

Thumbs up Re: The firing line whitehall pa

They allow 18+ no restrictions. Under 18 requires parent or guardian.
    They should be open I was there two weeks ago. Don't see them closing any time soon.
    Any pistol caliber other than 5.7 allowed in carbines or pistols. No steel jacketed ammo(tula, herters, bear).
    Shotguns must be 00 buck or slugs.

Nice place. We like the staff. Not fancy at all though. Decent prices on their reloads. If ya buy a gun through them you get a free 3 month membership, a box of ammo and a few targets.

If you plan on going more than once a month or like to take your time whilst shooting and or shoot alot. Get a membership.

I avoid this time of year though as you will sweat bullets in there. We get a 3 month membership for winter.

I have no paid or unpaid affiliation with them or PLEOA. Just a satisfied customer.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Armor Snail View Post
    They allow 18+ no restrictions. Under 18 requires parent or guardian.
    They should be open I was there two weeks ago. Don't see them closing any time soon.
    Any pistol caliber other than 5.7 allowed in carbines or pistols. No steel jacketed ammo(tula, herters, bear).
    Shotguns must be 00 buck or slugs.

Nice place. We like the staff. Not fancy at all though. Decent prices on their reloads. If ya buy a gun through them you get a free 3 month membership, a box of ammo and a few targets.

If you plan on going more than once a month or like to take your time whilst shooting and or shoot alot. Get a membership.

I avoid this time of year though as you will sweat bullets in there. We get a 3 month membership for winter.

I have no paid or unpaid affiliation with them or PLEOA. Just a satisfied customer.
    this may be just a little offtopic, but your username sounds like a megaman boss.

(Lehigh County)

Was there today - they are open. I was looking for an ok indoor shooting range, since Shimerville closed. ( I do belong to Alburtis R&G club. )

It's a haul for me, but it's better than nothing. Staff was plenty friendly. They were fairly busy for noonish on a Friday. Nice selection of rentals. The lobby is clean and seems organized.

The range was hot, no a/c I guess, and no ventilation, if there was, I couldn't tell.

Kenny at the counter said he's pretty laid back but his help on weekends is not. He was helpful, not only to me, but to everyone I saw him interact with. Very patient.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast