Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Novak company gets 2 thumbs up!

so i ordered a set of tritium night sights from Novak for my Taurus OSS and planned to install them myself due to the claim of "no machining required" on their website. well that turned out to not be the case and while filing the rear sight to fit the slide, i took off way too much material and fucked it so that when i put it on the slide it wobbled all over the place even with the set screw cranked tight.

since Novak allows you to send in your slide and pay to have them mount the sights, i sent it to them with a work order to put on the front sight and replace and put on the rear sight.

as soon as they got the slide they emailed me saying they got it and asking if i wanted to edit my work order. they then called me 2 days later telling me that the gun was done, but to save me money they had fixed the rear sight that i had impossibly fucked up, and would only charge me the normal install fee. i was apprehensive but i figured i might as well check it out to avoid paying for another expensive rear sight. they were very nice on the phone the whole time and assured me it was fixed. they mailed it out right away, emailed me the tracking info, and i got it the next day.

i have no idea how the hell they did it, but some how they made it fit PERFECTLY. i took it out and shot it to sight it in, and i literally shot the best i ever have with it, by a lot, without a single adjustment. i put 25 rounds of .45ACP in a 2" wide bullseye from 10 paces. it was dead on and stayed that way.

the sights are awesome (trijicon and novak markings) and have a white doughnut for day around a green tritium center for night, and are easily visible in complete darkness. they are the same size and shape of the stock sights.

all said, Novak has EXCELLENT customer service and some very skilled gunsmiths. i strongly recommend them

http://www.novaksights.com/

Default Re: Novak company gets 2 thumbs up!

Good to hear it all worked out for you. You would be amazed what a good gunsmith can do. Ever see this thread?

Guy drops his 1911 out of his bag while going at a high rate of speed on a motorcycle?

Winds up with this

Gets it back from Springfield Armory looking like this

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=174946

Smile Re: Novak company gets 2 thumbs up!

Excellent work,I dont forget my G/S at Christmas,Always bring him More Business by word of mouth and Chivas Regal !