Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Pike County)

Thumbs up Turned an anti - huge surprise

Well, my wife was always... how do I say that... less than enthusiastic about firearms. She learned to appreciate me, having gun on my hip all the times after I've had to clear out the house couple of times (suspicios noises).
    I kept suggesting to her to go to the shooting range and obtain her LTCF just in case, but with little success. Lately she was somewhat entertaining the idea of going to the range with me, but since we've had problems with babysitters, we just couldn't find time to go.

She was planning to take our oldest daughter to the movie theater to see Brave and after what happened in CO I kept telling her to be bery vigilant. Also, yesterday I told her what happened in St. Lucy, Fla, when a citizen succesfully defended his family outside of theater.

Today is the movie day, so once again I reminded her to excercise situational awareness, since that's pretty much the only thing she can do. And I couldn't belive my own ears, when I've heard "yeah... I need to pick a gun for myself".

I guess in the next couple of weeks we'll be going to the range, so she can try different guns. I'm thinking Wicen's, primarily hoping for Lori's help (she's Big Joe's wife and fine firearms safety instructor) - she knows how to teach women, knowing few female psychology thingys, that guys may overlook. Then, I guess, a trip to the gun shop will be in order.

Yay!
    Je suis déplorable

(Tioga County)

Default Re: Turned an anti - huge surprise

Excellent!

My wife also expressed interest in joining me at the range next time I go.
    MikeP

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    Well, my wife was always... how do I say that... less than enthusiastic about firearms. She learned to appreciate me, having gun on my hip all the times after I've had to clear out the house couple of times (suspicios noises).
    I kept suggesting to her to go to the shooting range and obtain her LTCF just in case, but with little success. Lately she was somewhat entertaining the idea of going to the range with me, but since we've had problems with babysitters, we just couldn't find time to go.

She was planning to take our oldest daughter to the movie theater to see Brave and after what happened in CO I kept telling her to be bery vigilant. Also, yesterday I told her what happened in St. Lucy, Fla, when a citizen succesfully defended his family outside of theater.

Today is the movie day, so once again I reminded her to excercise situational awareness, since that's pretty much the only thing she can do. And I couldn't belive my own ears, when I've heard "yeah... I need to pick a gun for myself".

I guess in the next couple of weeks we'll be going to the range, so she can try different guns. I'm thinking Wicen's, primarily hoping for Lori's help (she's Big Joe's wife and fine firearms safety instructor) - she knows how to teach women, knowing few female psychology thingys, that guys may overlook. Then, I guess, a trip to the gun shop will be in order.

Yay!
    CONGRATS!! my wife got her ltcf about 9 months now (before that she lived in Illinios and was a big anti) and she can't wait for the next starbuck get together

(Lancaster County)

What happened in st lucie fl?

(Bucks County)

Congrats. Thats good news. Now someone has YOUR back.

My wife likes to go to the range with me. I usually take her to Falls Twp R&P. One of the few ranges that still have a plinking range. New or young shooters seem to like that range the best. Usually just have her shooting .22's, but i'll take it. Its good to have some female company at the range. Haven't got her to consider carrying yet.....someday

Congrats

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by VinDyl View Post
    What happened in st lucie fl?
    This is what I got when I googled it: Shots fired outside Florida theater in altercation following Batman showing.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Lancaster County)

Hey, I was in the same boat as most of your wives. My boyfriend was all about firearms, so i went and got my ltcf and went to the range. Tell your wives they will love it. it is an addicting hobby. Best concealed carry gun in my views would be the s&w body guard or the ruger lcp, both are very small easy to conceal and have the lasers on them. I currently own a glock 19,ruger sr22 and an ar22 so my next purchase will be the ruger lcp for carry..

Good for you! I was once in the same boat with my soon-to-be wife. She grew up around hunters and rifles, so I guess she wasn't "anti-gun", but never really "got it" about self-defense...until she was lucky enough to date me I worked with her, and through some patience and a lot of range time she is now a better shot than I am...but I'll never admit that to her; just to you folks! Lol