Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default Lehigh County and Jury Duty Summon

Sorry if this was asked before... But this would be mixed of carry questions and other jury duty stuff.

I have received a jurry summon from Lehigh County. My questions are:
    1. This is my first summon ever. I'm not sure how it works. Does this mean, I will be serving as a jury already? Or does it mean, I will be seating there and wait for my name to be picked?
    2. Parking - Are there places to park there? Street parking? parking meter? I'm concerned that if I'm stuck there for hours, that parking meter would expire.
    3. Carry - Are they friendly with people who carry? I CC always. Or would they give me hard time checking in my firearm? I prefer to carry on the way there and checkin, but if I must leave it at home, I will. I'm used to leaving my right to self-defense every time I go to NJ twice a week.
    Note: I have never checked in my firearm as I have never been in places where I need to check it in. Unless I'm going to NJ, then I leave it at home.

Thanks.

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Lehigh County and Jury Duty Summon

I can help answer the jury questions and will leave the gun related ones to the experts on the board. I was selected a few years back for jury duty. You will need to show up on your date and time then you fill out the paperwork as to your age, gender, occupation, etc. It takes an hour plus to get all the documents back from everyone. They then put everyone into teams of 20-30 people which get selected to go into the courtroom for a particular case at which time the prosecutor and defense can review your paperwork. The team is asked specific questions such as would you be bias if the case was crimes against children, would a domestic violance case have an effect on someone that has gone through it themselves (maybe you or a family member), do you know the particular person or have associations with them or those they may know, etc. at which time you can answer if you have any issues to the questions. This doesnt mean you go home if you are not selected. You go back to the pool to get selected for another team/case. The procesutor and defense both have to agree on the selections from the team so you could get picked quick or you may not get a case the entire time you are there? I had two cases in the five days I spent in court. Did not take a weapon as I did not want the hassle. All in all I was not happy about being selected but after I served my opinion changed and would do it again without hesitation. Just as an FYI when I was selected I just got promoted at work and had a ton of tasks dumped on me with time limits. I was able to take my laptop but didnt get much work done because I was too busy with trials. Good luck and utilize the time to learn as it was true learning experience from me.

(Lehigh County)

As for checking your firearm will they have you a hard time, well it depends who is sitting at the desk but legally they must check you firearm its the law. I checked mine in at the Lehigh County court house once. The Secretary gave me shit but the deputy sheriff didn't, he told her we have to check his firearm.

(Lehigh County)

Lehigh Co court is a "one day, one trial" system, which means you'll go sit in a jury pool, answer some questions, wait, answer more questions, wait... if you're not picked for that jury by the end of the day, you're free. Bring a book.

There's voucher parking at the garage on 6th & Linden.

(Lehigh County)

Review this thread.

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...ourthouse.html

Maybe you can let us know if they have improved their methods of keeping track of the firearms in their custody.

Your first two questions should have been answered satisfactorily in the letter you received.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.