Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lycoming County)

Default returned forum 1 please help?

i recently had my forum 1 for a silencer returned because of leaving field d.Model and f. Overall blank. if i am not mistaken these fields do not need to be completed for a silencer. could someone confirm that for me and maybe help me with what to say so i can send these in and get them completed. i filled them out on 1-2-12. I've been waiting long enough.

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: returned forum 1 please help?

Not sure about the form 1, but my form 4 cans have an OAL. And i personally would just give it a cool model name and get it engraved in the tube.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by idpasharpshooter View Post
    i recently had my forum 1 for a silencer returned because of leaving field d.Model and f. Overall blank. if i am not mistaken these fields do not need to be completed for a silencer. could someone confirm that for me and maybe help me with what to say so i can send these in and get them completed. i filled them out on 1-2-12. I've been waiting long enough.
    A silencer has an overall length, but not a barrel length of course. Provide a length in inches to the nearest .10" of your silencer design. You can't keep it wide open unfortunately.

Not 100% on the model. Guns do not 'need' a model, but the NFA Branch may be picky about it on a Form 1'd silencer. I know for example that some Machine Guns do not have a model, only a manufactuer, city, state and serial number. Think Glock auto sear, lightening link, RDIAS, or other part too small to engrave a bunch of info onto.

The instructions you got in the mail with the returned form should have the NFA Branch number on it. Give them a call and ask the questions. They're nice.

Don't feel bad, I've had Form 2's returned recently for errors. It happens.
    CDS ARMS.com - 'LIKE' Us - MG Rentals - Colt Defense AR-15 & Glock Certified Armorer

(Washington County)

I'm not in the Class 3 scene, unfortunately. But why would you leave those questions blank when the ATF doesn't like abiguity?

And, 6+ months for them to inform you that there's a mistake and you have to resubmit? Nice.
    Fortune fingers the fearless

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
    And, 6+ months for them to inform you that there's a mistake and you have to resubmit? Nice.
    The good news is, by the time they catch your mistake, they have gotten to the actual approval process, and will typically process your corrected forms within a few days of receiving them. So you don't have to start the 6 month + wait all over again.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by bac0nfat View Post
    The good news is, by the time they catch your mistake, they have gotten to the actual approval process, and will typically process your corrected forms within a few days of receiving them. So you don't have to start the 6 month + wait all over again.
    Right, I had a form 1 returned to me around the 4th of july due to missing information *DOH*. When I mailed it back in, It took less than 2 weeks to come back to me approved.

So to the OP, dont sweat it..... they told me it should arive back in 30 days but it only took 2 weeks..... I thought I was screwed for another 7 month wait!

(Lycoming County)

yea last time i had a forum 1 returned after i sent it back it was returned in a week or two. i know they don't require a model number as my last form 1 was approved without. i'm also pretty sure i heard someone say that forum 1 suppressors don't require a oal as well.