Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Huntertown Arms 7.62 Suppressors

Just found this company the other day and was hoping to get some more information about the company. http://www.huntertownarms.com/k762ak.php

They seem to have a solid mission statement (everything but stupid warranty), price point looks inline with my budget and they are truly user serviceable. Has anyone had any dealings with them?

Secondly, are there any ways I can see how straight the threads are on my barrel, or is this a gunsmith only thing? I know one of the large issues with silencing an AK are baffle hits and uneven threading. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Huntertown Arms 7.62 Suppressors

The company is great. They make a solid product at a great price point. I sell a lot of their .22 cans. Haven't gotten a chance to try the centerfire cans yet.
    CDS ARMS.com - 'LIKE' Us - MG Rentals - Colt Defense AR-15 & Glock Certified Armorer

(Philadelphia County)

csementuh - thanks man. I've been seeing some good feedback. Honestly the user serviceable and having the serialized part as a separate piece that doesn't house the baffles pretty much sold me.

Anyway, if anyone has some more first hand experience I'd love to hear it.

Cheers

(Philadelphia County)

Double post not sure how that happened, sorry.
    Last edited by LostinGermany; July 27th, 2012 at 08:53 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

You're welcome.

Their .22 cans are just as quiet as much more expensive cans. I plink regularly with the Guardian and Kestrel 22.

I'd say it is definitely worth a shot for the 7.62, just don't expect the performance or durability of a purpose build high volume top tier can such as an AAC or SureFire. I'd say for the average shooter it will hold up just fine, and if it doesn't their warranty is very good.
    CDS ARMS.com - 'LIKE' Us - MG Rentals - Colt Defense AR-15 & Glock Certified Armorer

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by csementuh View Post
    You're welcome.
    I'd say it is definitely worth a shot for the 7.62, just don't expect the performance or durability of a purpose build high volume top tier can such as an AAC or SureFire. I'd say for the average shooter it will hold up just fine, and if it doesn't their warranty is very good.
    That's my concern... I try to shoot at least two local competitions a month, maybe three depending on schedule and cash, 400+ rounds a month of 7.62 and I would hate to shoot the baffles out often. And I just checked their site for some more info and it seems it's down... hmm maybe this answers my questions.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by LostinGermany View Post
    That's my concern... I try to shoot at least two local competitions a month, maybe three depending on schedule and cash, 400+ rounds a month of 7.62 and I would hate to shoot the baffles out often. And I just checked their site for some more info and it seems it's down... hmm maybe this answers my questions.
    I'd simply give them a call and ask them about the expected life. It seems you'll be shooting 5-6k+ rounds a year. That's not a tonnnnn, but it's more than many. Being user servicable it may help a lot, but that depends upon how much you want to clean it too.

A solid inconel can will surely hold up to extreme heat better than the SS can, but again it costs twice as much. Is the performance twice as good? Probably not, but maybe?