Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Were you at the 183 Range on Saturday?

If you were at the 100 yard range Saturday, wearing a black T shirt with a gun shop logo and missing half a finger you are an asshole. I should have told you when you pointed your gun at me, a Springfield 1903 that you wouldn't shut up about. Your Doublestar super awesome AR-15 you were walking around with the safety off should have been shoved up your un-safe ass. Now I feel better.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Were you at the 183 Range on Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    If you were at the 100 yard range Saturday, wearing a black T shirt with a gun shop logo and missing half a finger you are an asshole. I should have told you when you pointed your gun at me, a Springfield 1903 that you wouldn't shut up about. Your Doublestar super awesome AR-15 you were walking around with the safety off should have been shoved up your un-safe ass. Now I feel better.
    This is one of the reasons I joined a member-only range. Stupid moments of carelessness leads to life changing accidents. Our club requires the use of chamber flags and stepping away from the bench when people head down range. Also, no one is allowed to unpack/pack their firearms while folks are down range. I don't think we've had any issues yet.

Good job keeping your cool at the time.

(Pike County)

I hear ya Yoder. A few years ago I was there with my wife. There also was a group of "gangsta Thugs" shooting. They were so unsafe my wife said "Dave I don't feel safe being here". That's when we joined a private range.

I guess things haven't changed much.

Wasn't me, but just out of curiosity, which range is 183? Is that the Rt. 6 range, or is it one of the others? I'm guessing it was Rt. 6 because that seems to draw its disproportional share of out-of-state idjits.

Come to think of it, I'm beginning to guess at how that guy lost half a finger. ;-p
    Last edited by Rovert; July 27th, 2012 at 10:07 AM.

(Luzerne County)

Unfortunately this experience is going to stay with you for quite some time whenever you pack all your gear to the range. You'll always be looking over your shoulder for this guy every time you hear a car pull up.
    Let us hope for the best, but let us also prepare for the worst.

I regret not saying anything. This guy was worse than some dumbass gang banger wannabe. He knew every spec and b.s. detail about his guns and mine. He was running his mouth about bolt lock up, thousands of an inch for whatever. He was at least 50, and worst of all he was showing some one else how to shoot. He knew better, but was arrogant about gun safety. Eventually he will be humbled by his carelessness and I hope I'm not there to see it. I always carry a gun on the SGL range, it's holstered and loaded. I don't give a shit what the rules are. If someone shoots while I'm down range, they will have a gun pointed back in their direction while I try to figure out if it was an accident or not. Hopefully I will have an opportunity to figure that out before getting shot.

Game Wardens don't give a shit. The only rule they care about is the 3 and 6 round rule so they can fine people and make money.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Lackawanna County)

my first thoughts were you went to the SGL range on a saturday? It doesnt surprise me. I wonder if this was the same guy i had a run in on the pistol side with previously. I never noticed the missing finger thing though.

Quote Originally Posted by RXM View Post
    This is one of the reasons I joined a member-only range.
    This stuff happens at member only ranges too. About a month and a half ago I was out with my daughter while she tried out a new handgun. There were some other members on the same range, and the one guy swept us all with his revolver. I asked him to please keep the barrel pointed down range. "Yeah, yeah, sure, sure."

Sure enough, as soon as he finished firing his next cylinder full, it was pointed right at my daughter again. So I spoke to him again.

HEY! DON'T POINT YOUR GUN ACROSS THE LINE!!! YOU JUST POINTED IT AT MY DAUGHTER AGAIN!!!

I can talk real loud when I need to. I suspect people heard me three or four ranges down. This time the guy says, "Don't worry, it's not loaded".

I DON'T CARE IF IT'S NOT LOADED. KEEP IT POINTED DOWN RANGE!!!

"Okay, sorry!"

He packed up and left shortly after that. If he had done it again, I would have spoken in the same very loud and affirmative voice, only I would have stood about three inches from his face. Then I would have demanded his range card. If he refused, I would have followed him out and taken his license number, checked the logs, and reported him to the officers of the club. That is harder to do at a public range.

(Lackawanna County)

there are no repurcussions without a game officer there and the range yoder is talking about is the closest public range to ny and nj. There are some real shitheads that show up. So much so that if i want to go there I get up early on a week day and head out. shooting on the weekend is out of the question for me

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    there are no repurcussions without a game officer there and the range yoder is talking about is the closest public range to ny and nj. There are some real shitheads that show up. So much so that if i want to go there I get up early on a week day and head out. shooting on the weekend is out of the question for me
    Oh I know. I shoot with my father up at the one in Tobyhanna. There are plenty of losers who show up there too. I have had to speak firmly once or twice there, but I have not had to raise my voice. Usually if I look someone in the eye and frown, they get the message fairly quickly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast