Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

Default When your only tool is a gun...

Last night my girlfriend and I went over to her mothers house to help kick out the people (a male and female) staying with her. I went there more to make sure nothing got out of hand and help with the heavy lifting. But my girlfriend was fairly upset at them (rightfully so). She spent most of the time outside arguing with the male while I was trying to get all the heavy lifting done while the female helped organize and sort out their property from my girlfriend's mother's. The male is pretty harmless and he wasn't the one raising hell as much as my girlfriend so I judged that it was alright to leave them unattended. As I was bringing some of the furniture out, the neighbor popped her head out the window and started yelling at my girlfriend and the male to keep it down, and that her baby was trying to sleep. Well of course since the woman came off with an attitude my girlfriend responded with attitude . Well as they are going back and forth, the woman starts threatening to come down and kick my girlfriends ass. Thankfully that didn't happen but I was trying to come up with a game plan if she did come down. All I had was my firearms. So the thought running through my head was, "when you're only tool is a hammer, every problem starts to look like a nail". I knew I wouldn't want to use the firearm if she came outside without any weaponry which would be likely. So now I'm finally getting to my question...

In the same situation, how would you prefer to handle the angry/hostile woman?

I really wish I had some sort of OC spray for that situation. I think that would be the best way to handle a solitary threat that doesn't have any weapons. But at the same time it's not practical for me to carry spray everyday like my gun. Maybe carry it depending on the situation (like going to the city where this occurred?).

Edit: just want to point out that I wouldn't have taken any action until the woman made contact first. But would have positioned myself accordingly.
    Last edited by Shisno; July 26th, 2012 at 12:00 PM.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.