Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Hanover Movie Theater

Not sure if this was posted yet. Didn't see in quick search.

http://www.eveningsun.com/news/ci_21...ts-call-police

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Hanover Movie Theater

Chief Randy Whitson said "the man had no "evil intent," but said his decision to go to the movies armed "was a poor choice, given current circumstances.".

Really, I don't believe so, I think he was well with in his rights for not being a sheeple. Just my thoughts.

(Adams County)

And three muggings, two home invasions and a car jacking in Hanover went without police available to respond because three were monitoring the non-event in Hanover R/C Theaters ... and catching the late showing </sarcasm>

The person who is the subject of that article and his story are intertwined with this thread.

http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...ng-page-2.html

(York County)

Yeah I saw that after I posted

Sounds like the cops did their job (correctly).
    I wonder if they stayed for the movie?

It was a poor choice for the guy. The thing about gun people is they (we) can be just as snooty and stuck up as the antis. Two sides of the same coin. Just like religious and atheist people.

The fact is, illogical or not, people are people. We ALL are human, we all have emotions. And just because we're enlightened on one thing, doesnt mean we are enlightened to ALL things. We all jump to conclusions and say and do stupid shit.

that being said.

A LOT of people are shaken up by this thing. A guy walks in to a showing of batman and shoots a place up. Naturally people are going to be scared. And this isn't just any shooting. This is THE largest shooting on US soil . It is bad taste. And guess what? I went to see batman tonight and guess what I was thinking about whilst in the theatre? .... thats right. My sister went to see it over the weekend and she said she was a little jumpy. Everytime someone moved or a gun fired on screen she got distracted.

Its on peoples minds. You cant change that.....as Captain Hook would say "bad form"

and as I always say, you don't have to be an activist ALL of the time. Take a few hours off, see a flick, enjoy yourself. I went to the movie tonight, and I CC'd and guess what? My 2nd amendment rights didnt disappear for the three hours I was in there.
    [account deactivated]

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Franky4Fingers View Post

Its on peoples minds. You cant change that.....as Captain Hook would say "bad form"

and as I always say, you don't have to be an activist ALL of the time. Take a few hours off, see a flick, enjoy yourself. I went to the movie tonight, and I CC'd and guess what? My 2nd amendment rights didnt disappear for the three hours I was in there.

Rep sent- I respect the person who chose to OC, but the sheeple will not understand. I think this under scores the thought that we need to support the 2nd ammendment, but not be insensitive. Batman + man with a gun = massacre. This will change in time, but it is very soon after the massacre to be mixing the two.

(York County)

Thumbs up Re: Hanover Movie Theater

Quote Originally Posted by Franky4Fingers View Post
    It was a poor choice for the guy. The thing about gun people is they (we) can be just as snooty and stuck up as the antis. Two sides of the same coin. Just like religious and atheist people.

The fact is, illogical or not, people are people. We ALL are human, we all have emotions. And just because we're enlightened on one thing, doesnt mean we are enlightened to ALL things. We all jump to conclusions and say and do stupid shit.

that being said.

A LOT of people are shaken up by this thing. A guy walks in to a showing of batman and shoots a place up. Naturally people are going to be scared. And this isn't just any shooting. This is THE largest shooting on US soil . It is bad taste. And guess what? I went to see batman tonight and guess what I was thinking about whilst in the theatre? .... thats right. My sister went to see it over the weekend and she said she was a little jumpy. Everytime someone moved or a gun fired on screen she got distracted.

Very well put! I do agree this was a poor choice but it was nice to hear that the rights of the person who chose to OC were handled properly.
    Rehab is for quitters!!

Thanks for the rep guys. I appreciate it. I think this same philosophy can be applied to many things in life. Don't be so quick to call someone else stupid. Some old sayings that apply would be the classic "people who live in glass houses....."

or, when you point a finger at someone you have three more pointing back

That last one is kinda corny, but true.
    [account deactivated]

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast