Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Default Re: MD Judge lifts stay

I also will be applying after this stay is officially gone. I have a place in western Maryland, and carry IS possible there, using a hunting license. I've have had many conversations with the State and Federal park rangers that cover the area where I do this, and it is legal if you know the hunting laws, and stay within those legal boundaries. Yes, I have been armed in the presence of rangers, without incident, even as recently as a few days ago while meeting one for the first time.

I do realize that even being legal can result in "issues" though.Transport, or an LEO that doesn't know the law as well as others do, are the things that do still concern me.

Having an actual permit will make transport and carry so much better. I have been following this for a long time, and this is great news.

(Franklin County)

Work in MD, glad to hear this.

(Delaware County)

Maryland may be removed from my do not travel list this is good I miss going to O.C.MD.got to check with the guys on http://www.mdshooters.com/

(York County)

cant wait to see this go through. i got put on a job for the rest of the year working across the border and my guns just sit now most of the time . are these new laws supposed to apply to residents and non-residents?

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by lespaul View Post
    are these new laws supposed to apply to residents and non-residents?
    This ruling removes the "good and substantial" requirement that Maryland had in the permitting process. Yes, that did apply to resident and non-resident applications.

Ok silly question here but does this mean we will have to drive all the way to maryland to get live scan fingerprinting since it looks like they may not be accepting finger print cards anymore.

Can anyone shed some light on this the reason i ask is because i live in Monroe County and that will be a 3 1/2 hour one way trip for me 7 hours round trip not counting the time to actually get it done heaven forbid the system is down or broken and i have to make a return trip

Yikes.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by darksied View Post
    Ok silly question here but does this mean we will have to drive all the way to maryland to get live scan fingerprinting since it looks like they may not be accepting finger print cards anymore.
    AFAIK, the application states that non-residents can still send in the fingerprint cards, but MD residents must use Live Scan.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by darksied View Post

Can anyone shed some light on this the reason i ask is because i live in Monroe County and that will be a 3 1/2 hour one way trip for me 7 hours round trip not counting the time to actually get it done heaven forbid the system is down or broken and i have to make a return trip

Yikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ABuck View Post
    AFAIK, the application states that non-residents can still send in the fingerprint cards, but MD residents must use Live Scan.
    Correct. Non-residents can still use hard cards. It's odd...they say FBI is no longer accepting hard cards...but non-residents can still use them?

I sent an email to MSP... Licensing@mdsp.org ... requesting a couple copies of the State card that they require be mailed to me. Got a response saying they are in the mail today. The FBI blue and white cards can be gotten locally...just make sure to insert the correct code....I have to find it again...will post it when i do.

ETA: ORI #MDMSP6000
    Last edited by mrjam2jab; July 26th, 2012 at 12:04 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Correct. Non-residents can still use hard cards. It's odd...they say FBI is no longer accepting hard cards...but non-residents can still use them?

I sent an email to MSP... Licensing@mdsp.org ... requesting a couple copies of the State card that they require be mailed to me. Got a response saying they are in the mail today. The FBI blue and white cards can be gotten locally...just make sure to insert the correct....I have to find it again...will post it when i do.
    Thanks for posting that email address. I was wondering about the fingerprint cards too.

Another question I have is if I can use a PA Notary for the parts of the app that require notarization or do I have to have to go to MD and find one there?
    I emailed MD Shall Issue and they "think" I can use a PA Notary. I'll be emailing MDSP for clarification.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PHLJJS View Post
    Thanks for posting that email address. I was wondering about the fingerprint cards too.

Another question I have is if I can use a PA Notary for the parts of the app that require notarization or do I have to have to go to MD and find one there?
    I emailed MD Shall Issue and they "think" I can use a PA Notary. I'll be emailing MDSP for clarification.

Yes you can use a PA notary. The notary you use will know what to do with that. I had the same question when I did CT...notary here in PA made the necessary corrections.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast