Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default help me decide on new pistol

Good morning friends!
    OK so I have about $1000 too $1300 to spend on my next pistol. I have been looking mostly at 45s however the new FN five seven also has my eye. I do lots of research and have narrowed it down to the following

Colt new agent
    Kimber super ultra carry
    Para Warthog
    S&W pro series

Anybody own any of these? I am sure everyone has an opinion but keep it to the above items, I alredy have a 38 Jframe, 380 pocket, full size M&P 9, early Colt 1911, and a 44 mag so the small 45 or five seven is my next purchase.
    Have to make a decision soon cash in my pocket tends to go away pretty fast.
    Thanks

(Indiana County)

Default Re: help me decide on new pistol

The 57 is an awesome handgun very low recoil easy to control but ammo is harder to find and pricey. The 45's you listed are also very nice but then again I'm a little biased right now I already own the 57 and just bought another 45. If reloading factors into this don't do the 57 I've reloaded for it and it's a pain. smaller grain measurements, the fact that the cases at least in my case have required trimming after every firing and the very little room for error compared to 45.

(Northampton County)

Did you handle any of the firearms you are interested in? In my experience this can make a huge difference in the selection process. Several years ago I did a whole bunch of research, decided on a gun, then once I was able to handle it I realized the grip was too uncomfortable for me. I ended up buying a different pistol that day (my second choice) that fit my hand like a glove.

(Lancaster County)

I have handled all except for the Colt new agent, at lunch today I had the Kimber super ultra carry in my hand again. The kimber really has a nice fit and finish about it but at $1430 its the most expensive. The good news is my local shop (Trop) has a rewards program that I am only $150 away from getting a 10% discount, buy a bunch of 45 ammo and get $140 off the Kimber.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by omgur2 View Post
    I have handled all except for the Colt new agent, at lunch today I had the Kimber super ultra carry in my hand again. The kimber really has a nice fit and finish about it but at $1430 its the most expensive. The good news is my local shop (Trop) has a rewards program that I am only $150 away from getting a 10% discount, buy a bunch of 45 ammo and get $140 off the Kimber.
    You get $10 not 10% with Trop rewards.

(Lancaster County)

CRAP!!!!!!!
    Well I think I am going with the FN anyway, after reavaluating the 2 45s that I liked best, the Kimber and the Colt I am just not sure that a $1300 gun that only holds 6 or 7 rounds is what I want.

I think the FN would be a good choice its a very high quailty gun and its hard to beat a Browning. You do have the Sigs and H&K in that range but only the H&K can compete capacity wise unless you start looking at the Polymer guns and then youhave the G21, sf and XDM 13 and 14 shot 45 acps. I really like my G21sf.

I got to say that high end Kimber and Colt are some else LOOK wise & performance also!!!

Still it's hard to beat a FN45.

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post
    I think the FN would be a good choice its a very high quailty gun and its hard to beat a Browning. You do have the Sigs and H&K in that range but only the H&K can compete capacity wise unless you start looking at the Polymer guns and then youhave the G21, sf and XDM 13 and 14 shot 45 acps. I really like my G21sf.

I got to say that high end Kimber and Colt are some else LOOK wise & performance also!!!

Still it's hard to beat a FN45.
    H&K is polymer. More expensive than the others, but still polymer.

Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

If you're going 1911, I'd be more inclined to get a Commander, and not mess around with the 3" barrel ones, just based on my own experience there.

I'd be interested in the FiveSeveN as well, just b/c it's unique....I just hope you have another $1000 lying around to get ammo.

(Luzerne County)

كافر

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast