Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Any recommendations for a Ruger SR9c?

Well it seems so far the jury is set. For now, the old piggy bank will be saving up for a brand new SR9c!
    Thanks for the input!!

(Lancaster County)

trop and kinseys right around 4 +-20, lanco i believe has one s/s slide at 399. all shops in etown. backwoods in columbia down the road more than likely has one right at that or a tad less. first 3 shops had them as of friday on my gunshop loop look see. no guns purchased though did get a strikefire, 500 rds. of 5.56, magpul acs, troy brake and a ka bar last ditch knife. kid got 2 bricks of a.e. 22 lr and burned through most of it saturday

(Montgomery County)

I have an SR9C as my everyday carry weapon. I almost exclusively open-carry, but in those instances where I conceal I've had no issues. It's compact, easily concealable.

How does it shoot? Awesome if you ask me. I have about 1500+ rounds downrange from it and never had a failure to fire or eject when I was holding the weapon. The only failures I witnessed with the gun were when the slide was interrupted during cycling, or when it was "limp wristed".

I've shot it dirty as hell, and freshly cleaned. I've put hollow points, and regular range ammo through it. I've mixed mags with several brands and types of ammo and fired in rapid succession without any issues.

Can you tell I love the gun?

(Northumberland County)

The SR9c has been my EDC for a little more than 3 years now, absolutely love it.

Will be ordering some goodies from Galloway Precision very soon to make some upgrades to my Ruger.

I've shoot a friend's SR9c and what caught my attention was the factory trigger felt much nicer than my XD, XDM, or Glock shooting back to back (stock trigger for stock trigger). He purchased it new last year and was under $400 for the stainless finish slide at a local shop.

Also, there's a company in NC called galloway precision that's making some parts for the SR9c. I'm using some of their components in a LC9 and they're good to go in my opinion.
    "If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent

Allow me to join the crowd of admirers, had mine about a year. The grip angle, width and lenght with the full cap. mag. are awsome. Ours runs like a clock with everything from S.D. ammo to puss reloads.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

I have the 9c as well as the 40c...love both of them but anecdotal I am much more accurate with the 9c.

Quote Originally Posted by vavulaka View Post
    I like the way it looks, but how reliable is it? Have you shot it?
    I do also like that it's a SA/DA. but it seems like it's a bit out of my price range. I see it on GB at about $550+
    456 - Thats the good thing about Ruger is its reasonably priced (I paid $329 a.t.)and performs well is reliability and accuracry. The FN9 is definitely the most expensive of the two and maybe better. But do you need all that to carry in your sweaty draws 7 days a week. The SR9C has been a good gun for that purpose 2nd to my Glock19/23 for overall multi purpose use but no. 1 in CC with small mag and no. 1 in capacity with the 17 shot mag. My personal ratings.
    Last edited by Neko456; July 25th, 2012 at 10:14 AM.

(Chester County)

Can't speak for the 9mm but I truly love my SR40C. It took a trip or two to the range to break it in and set the sights but I am now putting 10 rounds of .40 S&W through a 1" hole at 10 yards. 9 out of 10 rounds in a 6" group at 25 yards.

The C is a great carry gun (I use a Sneaky Pete Holster - highly recommended) with the 10 round mag and I like the fact it take the full sized mag for OC or range work.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Quigar57 View Post
    The SR9c has been my EDC for a little more than 3 years now, absolutely love it.

Will be ordering some goodies from Galloway Precision very soon to make some upgrades to my Ruger.
    I don't think it's been out that long. From what I've read it was only announced Jan 2010. Maybe the SR9 has been out that long.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast