Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Armstrong County)

Default looking for info on 10/22 with factory ramline side folder

Hi i was wondering if someone can help me. I bought a factory 10/22 with a wood ramline mini 14 style side folder. It has a bird cage flash hider and according to the serial # manufactured in 1987. There is no info on the web and only found 1 pic online.

I was wondering how many were made like this and how much its worth. I have seen the folding stock online anywhere from $280-480 and gunbroker for $800.

Can anyone help?
    Last edited by zshaff87; July 23rd, 2012 at 05:30 PM.

(Centre County)

Default Re: looking for info on 10/22 with factory ramline side folder

Do you have any other info about it - Ruger Model Number (1167, 1212, 1227, etc) or the serial number (you can leave off the last 2 or 3 digits if you want, the first 3-next 3 would help a lot.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Armstrong County)

The serial # is 128-4629* "left the last digit out. I don't see a model #. There is no other numbers i can see without taking the stock off. It has a heat shield on the barrel from the receiver to the barrel clamp. It also has an ar pistol grip. I hope this helps. I will post pics when i get a chance.

(Armstrong County)

Can anyone help?

(Centre County)

My statements/questions are to try to help, please don't be offended.

I have looked through my Reference of Ruger Firearms Volume 2, Fourth Edition (2/2010) and I cannot find any reference that shows the 10/22 came from the factory with a Ram-Line stock and heat shield.

You are correct that it was made in 1987. Serial numbers 128-38014 to 129-20926 were made tha year.

Does the stock say "Ram-Line" on it?

Doe you happen to have the original box that it came in? If you do it will have the Model number and the serial number on it.

I have found 10/22's that were made with the Hogue overmolded stock but that would not fit the description you gave.

In the reference there are 76 different models of the 10/22 listed and none show it being made with a Ram Line stock. These models even show all the special runs made for people like Jerrys Sports Center, Lipsey's, and others. This does not mean that Ruger did not make any that way, it is possible you have one of a special run.

If you want the definitive answer, you can go to the Ruger website and download a form to get all the info on your rifle. Here is the link http://ruger.com/pdf/letterOfAuthenticity.pdf

They will tell you the exact month and year that it was shipped from Ruger and they will give you the exact model number of what was shipped. From that model number you can find out the configuration the rifle was when it left the factory.

Sorry I can't help you any more than I did. I just could not find anything that said that a 10/22 ever left the factory in that configuration. However, I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time, probably won't be the last.

I will query other Ruger collectors around the US that I know and see if they can shed any light on this. Once I hear from them, I'll post the info.

(Centre County)

If your stock looks like this:

Then it is an aftermarket stock put on by someone other than Ruger. They did not make any 10/22's with this configuration. I had this confirmed by several of the top Ruger collectors around the US.

(Luzerne County)

I don't have exact numbers. But I would venture they have made tons of them/ The 10-22 has been made for many years. And it is a very popular gun.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(York County)

I have the same stock on my Ruger 10-22. An EXACT clone of the Ruger side folder in wood. It was an aftermarket stock that someone installed on your gun. They are pretty rare and VERY hard to find. I bought mine to match my Mini 14.... It does not look like the picture above. I'll try to post a picture later on if I get a chance. Enjoy your 10-22.
    NRA LIFE, USPSA. High Rock Outfitters