Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Red face looking for classes

My boyfriend and i just moved to adamstown not too long ago and we are looking for somewhere to take some handgun classes. we both own and both have out ltcf. Im looking to get all the training i can possibly get due to a very much wanted change in careers. If any one knows anywhere please let me know

(Northampton County)

Default Re: looking for classes

For starters, it might help us to know how much shooting experience you and your boyfriend have. A good place to start if you are looking for basic classes is http://nrainstructors.org/searchcourse.aspx. If there are not any courses in the area, I am an NRA Certified Instructor and I can travel to you.

If you are looking for more advanced training, I am offering a defensive pistol course in August. You can find more information about the course at www.magilltraining.com.

(Lancaster County)

thank you i will look at that sight,. and thank you for your offer

(Allegheny County)

Check www.fireinstitute.org. They have courses from extremely basic (familiarization with firearms) to Level II tactical traininig.

The emphasis is on non-miliarty, non-police training, sometimes referred to as "average homeowners." ( You will not need Level III body armor and you will not be shooting your way out of simulated vehicle ambushes.)

(Lancaster County)

Welcome to the area! Feel free to check out the programs we offer,http://www.directactiontactical.com/firearms/ If we can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to ask.

We would love the opportunity to train with you both.

Regards,

Phill
    "When Knowledge Counts and Experience Matters"

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by GlockPrincess88 View Post
    My boyfriend and i just moved to adamstown not too long ago and we are looking for somewhere to take some handgun classes. we both own and both have out ltcf. Im looking to get all the training i can possibly get due to a very much wanted change in careers. If any one knows anywhere please let me know
    There is a lot of good training in the area. I'm a little taken aback that so many trainers mobbed you on this forum begging for your money.

Depends on what sort of training you want. There are some reputable folks who teach safety and tactics, the physical use of defensive guns.

I hold occasional workshops where we only talk about legal issues related to firearms. There are also some others who teach the laws, I have no opinion about them because I haven't attended them. But whatever you do, I think that any person serious about carrying a lethal weapon should become proficient in handling a gun, and know the laws that apply. Some tactical courses cover some legal issues, the NRA-approved courses require an hour of legal discussion, which should at least put some of the issues on your radar.

PAFOA hosts pages with the text of some of the laws that apply, at a minimum you should review these laws, and do some Google searches and get a sense of how "Stand Your Ground" laws work. Look here:

http://reference.pafoa.org/statutes/
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.