Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Wicens

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Wicens

I went to Wicens today with a friend and his son so they could shoot his new rifle, he is a new gun owner. I took my S2K with me. I had my range bag right where the chain is to secure the booth during a cease fire and the kid RSO was adamant that I couldnt go into my bag and grab my eye protection. I had to replace them as the ones I as wearing broke when I was in the office getting a flag for the unloaded gun. He had to bring my bag to the back bench so I could get them. I was no where near the shooting bench and all I had to do was reach into my bag and grab it. Funny thing was the kid asks if I what I was shooting. I told him a rifle and then he asks if it was in my car. I told him no it is right there in the bag. I have my rifle folded in a 17 inch bag. He goes to the other RSO and makes a comment. They werent familiar with the S2K. After reading some of this thread, they may have been thinking it was an AR pistol.

I left my bag at the bottom of the stairs when I went in to fill out the paper work. On the way out I was opening my bag to grab my eyes and ears when the whistle blower tells me to put my eyes and ears on. If he would have waited another 10 seconds, he would have seen me putting them on.

Overall it was a decent trip. The other RSOs seemed pretty cool. There was only a few tables with shooters. Last time I was there the old guys were still alive.
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

(Bucks County)

Most of the staff there is great. The older guy behind the counter is a complete j**kass. I think his name is Bob

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by theduke View Post

I left my bag at the bottom of the stairs when I went in to fill out the paper work. On the way out I was opening my bag to grab my eyes and ears when the whistle blower tells me to put my eyes and ears on. If he would have waited another 10 seconds, he would have seen me putting them on.
    After thinking about this, where I wasnt allowed to walk without eyes and ears on, is the same path I walked up to when I arrived.
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

(Bucks County)

That was my range of choice when the old brothers where there, Ive been there a couple times since the son took over a few years ago, They where very safety conscious (which ain't a bad thing).I didn't like the Bunkers you shoot from. So now I spend 100bucks a year for a club I go to about 3or4 times a year..

I tend to think the BS you're speaking of is in response to the type of people that are going to the place..we're getting more and more liberals in bucks at-least from what I'm seeing..

The people in My area changed quite a bit over the years since iv'e been here....
    If You Need A Color In The Name Of Your Cause, You're The "RACIST" !

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 51158 View Post
    That was my range of choice when the old brothers where there, Ive been there a couple times since the son took over a few years ago, They where very safety conscious (which ain't a bad thing).I didn't like the Bunkers you shoot from. So now I spend 100bucks a year for a club I go to about 3or4 times a year..

I tend to think the BS you're speaking of is in response to the type of people that are going to the place..we're getting more and more liberals in bucks at-least from what I'm seeing..

The people in My area changed quite a bit over the years since iv'e been here....
    If you don't mind me asking, which range do you go to instead?

-Zach

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, which range do you go to instead?

-Zach
    bucks county fish and game...just your basic club nothing fancy but very well kept.. I've been there a few years now and met nothing but nice people..
    If You Need A Color In The Name Of Your Cause, You're The "RACIST" !

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 51158 View Post
    bucks county fish and game...just your basic club nothing fancy but very well kept.. I've been there a few years now and met nothing but nice people..
    I'm going to look into that. Thanks!

-Zach

(Bucks County)

Yup his name is Bob and yup he definitely makes shooting there less fun. I actually try and avoid going there on the days he works and have walked out several times. Its very strange because everyone else there is really great to work with and talk to

(Bucks County)

Yes strict on safety but I've always found the staff not only to be friendly and personable but also looking out for you. My only complaint is the concrete cover at each of the pistol and rifle stations. The concrete really reflects the sound on the larger calibers.

(Philadelphia County)

Went for the first time today and this range is great. Range Officers are extremely helpful and friendly. I would recommend.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast